she won't take off your hoodie

She was miserable as soon as she opened her eyes. The past couple of days have been unpleasant, but with each passing day, she finds herself feeling worse than the last. With a terrible cold that made her feel gross and frail, she wanted nothing more than to lay in bed and sleep.

You have yet to leave her side, which she couldn't be more thankful for. And though she felt cold and wanted to wake you up and have you hold her tight, she also wanted to let you rest. You've been waiting on her hand and foot and you looked like you were in a deep sleep, and she didn't want to disturb you.

She rubbed her arms as she got out of bed. Going right to the closet, she blinked a few times to adjust to the sudden light when she flipped the switch. She was in search of only one thing and she tried to be as quiet as she could as she looked for it.

It took her a moment to find too but when she did she immediately pulled it over her head and let herself melt right into the warmth and comfort your hoodie gave her. She closed her eyes but opened them a few seconds later when a tickle appeared in her throat, causing her to cough a few times into her elbow.

"Lisa?"

She turned around when she heard your voice. "Are you alright? You weren't in bed and I got worried about you."

She nodded and gripped the hem of your hoodie she'd thrown on. "I got a little cold so I thought I could wear your hoodie and it'd warm me up."

Her voice was weak and scratchy, but her words were still sweet. You nodded your head with a small smile and strode over to her. "It's totally alright, my love. What's mine is yours." You promised. "You look adorable." You kissed her cheek softly, sighing sadly when you felt how feverish her skin was.

"Good, because I'm never taking it off. It's too cozy, and it smells like you. Makes me feel secure."

Your heart melted when those words fell from her lips. You brushed your fingers through her hair and she closed her eyes, feeling relaxed by your touch.

"You don't have to take it off. You can wear it as long as you want to." You assured. "Now come on, baby. Let's get you back to bed. Get you all warm and cozy under the covers and you can get back to sleep."

She nodded weakly and followed you back to bed. She was really groggy, so it didn't take long for her head to fall to her pillow and her eyes to close.

You caressed her warm cheek and laid a few soft kisses to her forehead. "I love you so much." You whispered as you tucked her in under the blanket. "Sleep well and have sweet dreams."

With one more soft, lingering kiss to her forehead, you laid beside her and fell back asleep, hoping that she'd start to feel better soon.