she plays with your hair

"Y/n," Lisa whined and opened her eyes when she felt you turn back onto your side once again.

You and Lisa came up to bed three hours ago and yous till haven't fallen asleep yet. the hours seemed to be rushing by. It was going on three in the morning and you were still wide awake, beginning to lose all hope of even getting sleep.

"You still haven't fallen asleep?" She asked as she wrapped an arm around you and had you turn back around to face her once again.

"No. I'm sorry that I woke you."

She shook her head with a sad smile. "Don't worry about it. You can't sleep, I'm here to help." She brought her hand up to caress your cheek delicately. "Is there anything I can do to help you? Are you even tired?"

You shrugged. "I don't know." You brushed your hands over your face, beginning to grow frustrated. "But I do know that you're exhausted. I can see it in your eyes. So I'll just go downstairs and-"

"No." She interrupted. "Don't worry about me. I couldn't even go back to sleep now if I tried; not when I know that you're wide awake." She pulled you as close to her as possible. Her hand brushed across your arm. She could feel the fabric of her t-shirt that you had snuggled up in just hours prior. Something about the fact that you love wearing her clothes more than your own just warms her heart.

"Put your head on my chest." She instructed.

You did as she said. Laying your head on her chest, you could hear and feel the steady beat of her heart. It was soft and comforting; like the smell of her perfume that lingered on her shirt. You felt her legs tangle with yours beneath the blanket and then she took your hand into one of her own, intertwining your fingers with hers.

You cracked a small smile and let your eyes close. Although you weren't sleepy, you were beginning to feel content.

And that feeling only grew when she started to move her other hand through your hair. Her nails lightly scratched your head and when she'd gently slide them down, she'd gently take a few strands of your hair and twirl them around her fingers.

She heard a soft sigh fall from her lips. "Tired yet?"

You actually did feel a little tired. You could feel yourself drifting off to sleep as Lisa continued to make you feel content.

You just tiredly nodded your head in response to her question, and it was enough to let her know that you were on your way to a peaceful sleep.

And soon enough, her soft voice filled your ears as she softly sang along to one of your favorite songs. "I love the sound of your voice, " you mumbled and quickly fell asleep, and all Lisa could do was smile to herself as she leaned down to brush her lips across your forehead.

"I'm so in love with you, y/n. Sleep tight, baby. You deserve it." She whispered and found herself continuing to sing that song till she fell asleep herself.

She slept even better than before, since this time around you were tucked close to her chest, and were wrapped tightly in her arms.