the first time she stays the night

As you leaned onto Lisa while she helped you walk from the bathroom and over to your bed, all you could think about was how tonight had gone so wrong.

You figured your date night with Lisa at your place would lead to cuddles and a good movie, maybe while you stole a few kisses in between. You definitely didn't expect for the takeout you both ordered to make you sick to your stomach.

It was terrible, every single second of it. The only thing that seemed to comfort you was that Lisa had stayed by your side through it all until you had finally finished just moments ago.

"Okay. You got it? Take it easy." She said as she slowly helped you to bed.

You were relieved when you felt the soft mattress below you. Lisa covered you with the blanket that was at the foot of your bed before she sat down beside you. She combed her fingers through your hair comfortingly, while also sneakily feeling for any hint of a fever, but her thoughts of what you had being food poisoning were only confirmed when all she felt was your skin being clammy beneath her fingertips.

"How do you feel? Your stomach still upset at all? Feel nauseous or anything?" She asked worriedly, gently letting her hand fall to your stomach to rub it slowly.

"A little." You said and tried to get comfy enough to fall asleep. You were drained, all of your energy disappearing with every lurch of your stomach just minutes ago.

"Do you want me to make you some soup or something?" She asked as she slid her fingers below your shirt to brush them across your skin.

Your eyes felt heavy as you opened them. You bit your lip and reached for her other hand, needing to hold it in your trembling ones. "Lisa?"

She hummed softly to let you know that she was listening.

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

Her eyes widened at your question.

"I know that this would be the first time either of us have stayed overnight together, but I really need you. I don't like being alone and esecially not when I'm sick, and I just really need you here."

She was trying to hide her smile, mostly because you seemed to be getting a little emotional over the thought of her leaving, but it was hard not to when you were being so cute and sweet.

"You want me to stay, baby girl?"

You nodded quickly and Lisa leaned down to press a lingering kiss to your forehead. "Then I'll stay. Do you want some soup? Might make you feel a little better."

"Maybe in a little while. What I really want is for you to hold me."

She didn't waste a second in climbing into bed with you. She let you get comfortable in her arms before she let them wrap around you, and she kept her grip on you loose, so you wouldn't feel worse than you did already.

You whimered when the pain in your stomach returned. Although it wasn't nearly as bad as before, you still felt uncomfortable. Lisa noticed this and slowly moved her hand to your stomach. Once again, she moved it soft and slow over your stomach, feeling a little relieved when she heard a breath of relief fall from your lips.

"Lisa?"

"Yes?"

"I know that this isn't exactly the happiest of reasons why you're staying with me, but I'm happy you're staying. I like it when you hold me. You make me feel safe and to know that you'll be holding me the whole night makes me happy."

You felt soft little kisses being placed against your cheek. "Me too, y/n. Makes me happy to know that if you need anything, I'm right here to get it for you. Besides, I like you being in my arms."

She felt your warm hand lay over hers that rested on your stomach.

"If you need anything, you let me know. I don't care about the time or what it is that you need, I'll get it for you regardless. I'm here to take care of you."

You nodded tiredly, but let a sleepy smile tugged at your lips.

"I love you. Thanks for staying and for being so amazing. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you."

She kissed the side of your head and started to sing your favorite song, voice so soft and sweet in your ear.

"I love you too, pretty girl. Sleep tight. I'm right here if you need me." She whispered when she knew you had fallen asleep.

While although not under the most exciting circumstances, she sure was excited to be able to stay the night with you and hold you in her arms all through the night.