she helps you relax when you're scared of flying

"Maybe we should just go somewhere local for a vacation? There's a lot of nice cities around us that we haven't quite explored yet." You told Lisa who just chuckled at you.

"Babe we're already on the plane! Besides, this vacation will be fun! Just you and me on a beach in Cancun. No worries about paparazzi or busy schedules. Just us for two whole weeks." She said with a smile that would usually cause all of your worries to fade away.

But it was different now. You have to conquer one of your greatest fears in order to get to this beautiful vacation destination.

Lisa knows about your aerophobia. It was impossible to hide it when she presented you with two tickets to Cancun just a few weeks ago. But you did a smaller and much shorter flight to help prepare for this. But that flight just so happened to be a few cities away, this was a whole 17 hours away. You knew it was gonna be a long flight and when you first arrived at the airport you felt alright with it, after your short flight with Lisa it didn't scare you as much as before.

But now you're sitting on the plane and you know this flight is gonna be much longer and you're starting to feel a little anxious about it.

Lisa could tell by the way that your hand was shaking beside hers. She saw it and rested her hand over yours. You looked over at her and she sent you a small smile while giving your hand a squeeze.

"Hey, look at me. It's gonna be just fine."

You took a deep breath, swallowing the lump forming in your throat. "I'm just a little anxious. I don't really know what to do to relax." You murmured, looking into her worried eyes.

Lisa suddenly let go of your hand. She reached into the bag by her feet and you could hear it unzip.

"I had a feeling you'd get a little nervous, so I packed a bag filled with some things to help!" She started to pull a few things out, starting with a blanket. She placed it over your lap and then kissed the side of your head.

She then reached back inside and pulled out two travel pillows - one for both of you.

"And then," she paused and pulled your head to her shoulder. "You can curl up to me the best you can. Because I'm right here with you and I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

You breathed out a sigh of relief. You felt a little more relaxed being in her arms. "You're amazing, Lisa. I can't believe you brought these things for me."

"Of course I did. You're my girl, I'll always do anything I can to help you and make you feel better, no matter the circumstances."

Your eyes closed and when they opened again you took the opportunity to look out the window as the plane took off. "It's really pretty."

Lisa nodded in agreement. "It is. I know it can be scary but I promise that you're as safe as can be. Now relax. We've got a whole 17 hours to go."

You groaned a little and your girlfriend just laughed in return. You felt her hand on your back and in your hair, combing through the strands and letting her nails lightly scratch your head.

And then shew started to sing in your ear softly. She kept her voice quiet enough so she wouldn't disturb any of the passengers around you, but she kept it soft in your ear. She sang along to your favorite song, the lyrics falling from her lips so beautifully. You started to feel comfortable. You felt safe, with her by your side.

Maybe this flight wouldn't be so bad after all.