she makes you smile

Having been with you for so long, Lisa always seems to know when you're not feeling well. Whether it's because you're sick or because you're down or your day just hasn't been great, she picks up on it all very quickly.

Today was one of those days. You seemed sad, but she couldn't tell why. She's spent the last few minutes with you in her arms, trying to get you to tell her what was wrong. But you continued to frown and she continued to feel an ache in her heart by seeing you so down.

"You okay?"

You tilted your head back on her shoulder, sending a smile that she saw right through while nodding your head.

"No, you're not. You just need some cheering up?" She grinned, letting her thumbs brush against your cheeks. When you nodded your head she wrapped both of her arms around you and brought you onto her lap. She held your cheeks in the palms of her hands and you saw the glimmer in her eyes, one that told you she wasn't gonna give up till you smiled.

"Close your eyes, beautiful." She said and you furrowed your eyebrows a little but did as she said. You felt her soft lips hit yours and you instinctively went to tangle your hands in her hair. But right as you did she pulled away from the kiss and her hands moved from your cheeks and to your back.

Your eyes shot open when her fingertips trailed to your sides and she gave you a smirk, tightening her grip on you so you couldn't move away as she began to tickle you. You squirmed in her arms. Shrieks and giggles left your lips and all Lisa could do was giggle.

"No, Lisa!" You laughed and somehow managed to wiggle out of her grip, only for her to push you onto your back. She hovered over you. Finally, she could see the happiness swimming in your eyes, like she's been hoping to see all day.

"Stop!" You laughed.

"What do you say?" She teased.

"I love you?"

She stopped and let her forehead fall to your shoulder. "I was actually thinking 'please' but I like yours much better." She brushed some of your hair away from your face and leaned in to give you a kiss. "I love you too. I love seeing that beautiful smile of yours."

Her thumb brushed across your lower lip causing you to giggle.

"And that giggle. It's just so beautiful! It makes my heart skip a beat."

A blush covered your cheeks and you found yourself pulling her back in for another kiss, which turned into more than just one.

A moment or two later, breathless yet grinning, you pulled back, thanking the universe for your girlfriend that always made you smile, no matter your mood.

"Thanks for cheering me up. You're amazing."

Lisa's eyes lit up. She was so happy that she really did cheer you up. Your frown was completely gone, now replaced by the smile she adored oh so much.

"Always, y/n. It's what I'm here for. I love you so much."