cuddles after a bad day

Your day had been terrible, absolutely awful. You dreaded leaving for work this morning; you just somehow knew the day wouldn't be good, and you were right.

All you've been looking forward to all day is coming home to Lisa, and when you walked inside and she noticed the drained expression on your face she turned off the show she was watching and held her arms open for you to climb into, which you happily did.

You felt her arms wrap around you, giving the comfort you've been needing all day. ''Oh, baby. Did you have a bad day?" You nodded weakly, laying your head on her shoulder. You let out a shaky sigh, torn between talking about it and just wanting to completely forget about it.

"Wanna tell me about it?" You shook your head. "Okay. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

"You cuddling me is a good start."

Lisa chuckled softly and started to move her hands across your back and shoulders in circles. "Well, let's cuddle properly then, baby." She said and loosened her grip on you to lay back on the couch. She pulled you down beside her and tucked you close against her side.

She grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and stared down at you with a look of love that made your heart skip a beat. Lisa brought you the utmost comfort by giving you small kisses and telling you how much she loves you.

"I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I can tell it was really bad and that breaks my heart. But don't ever forget that I love you and I'm proud of you for accomplishing everything you did today, even if it wasn't much. You're amazing. Tomorrow will be better, I know it. But even if it isn't, just know that I'll be here for you."

She smiled as you tilted your head up to look at her. She gave you another kiss, a soft and loving one that made you pull her even closer to her. "You know I'll always be here for you, right?" She checked. You laid your head down on her shoulder. "I know, and I'm so thankful for that and for you."

She started to hum softly ion your ear as you closed your eyes. She felt your legs tangle with hers and your eyelashes flutter against your skin as you started to fall asleep, getting some much-needed rest.

She looked down at you, grateful that you were there in her arms and always counted on her to make things better after a draining day, which she would always do her best to make better.

"I love you, y/n. I love you so much." She whispered.

She didn't plan on letting you go anytime soon. She was happy to hold you there in her arms until you were ready for her to let go.