she's sick

You were jolted awake by Lisa's loud and thick cough coming from next to you.

She was sitting up in bed and she was coughing into her elbow. You could hear the wheeze coming from her lungs in between. She was running out of breath but still couldn't seem to stop coughing.

You put your hand on her back and started to rub it soothingly. "It's okay," you said and when she stopped a few seconds later she fell back on the bed to catch her breath. You pressed your hand against her forehead. She still had a fever and a bad one at that.

You got out of bed and went into the bathroom to grab her some medicine. You grabbed her water from the nightstand and let her take a couple of sips to wet her dry throat before she took the pills. "That should help for a little while."

She weakly nodded her head. "Do you need anything else?" She shrugged and closed her eyes. Really, all she wanted was to fall asleep, and sleep until whatever she had that was making her feel so terrible went away. But she knew she couldn't do that. She just tried to sleep as much as she could instead.

You went back into the bathroom and wet a cloth down with some cold water. When you went back into the bedroom you placed it over her forehead and heard her sigh. "Any better?"

"A little." She whispered, knowing she didn't have much of a voice to even use. "Anything else that will help you feel any better?"

She patted the sheets where you lay. "Give me cuddles."

You crawled right back under the blankets and when she rolled into your arms you made sure to pull them extra tight over her shoulders to keep her cozy and warm. You then put your arm around her and let her use your chest as her pillow.

You hummed and brushed your fingers through her hair as she fell asleep. "If you need anything, anything at all, I'm here and I'll get it for you. I'm gonna take great care fo you until you're feeling better. I promise." You whispered into her ear, and you meant every word.

You just hoped it wouldn't be too long until she felt getter because seeing her so miserable broke your heart.