she won't let go when you hug her

Another day, another song, done.

Lisa closed the door behind her, relieved that the hard part of her day was over. It was getting late, the sun had gone down hours ago, but it wasn't late enough for you to be asleep which she was grateful for. After the day she'd had, she needed you more than ever.

She heard your footsteps on the stairs. She lifted her head and that's when you noticed how drained she looked. She looked so tired and gloomy. You went over to her and pulled her into your arms.

Her head fell to your shoulder. She let out a long sigh, squeezing you tightly as the stress of the tiring day seemed to fade away when she had you in her arms. She felt you try to pull away so she only tightened her grip around you and a smile instinctively made it's way onto her face when she heard your laugh.

"Lisa? Wanna let go?"

You felt her shake her head and lean a little further into your touch. "No. My day was long and stressful. I don't wanna let go. I just wanna hug you forever."

You chuckled a little but nodded against her. "Okay." You whispered, walking her backward till she fell onto the couch. You still didn't pull away from the hug, even as you laid your forehead on hers and you locked eyes. "I'm sorry you had a bad day."

She shook her head, puckering her lips as she leaned forward a little to kiss you on the cheek. "It wasn't all bad. I'm here with you now, so it's better."

Your heart melted and you broke contact to lay your head on her shoulder. "Are you sure there's nothing else that you need to make it even better?"

She closed her eyes. She was feeling relaxed now, but she still didn't plan on letting you go. "Nope. All I need is you. I'm already feeling better because I have you here with me."

"I'm glad because I'm not going anywhere."

She kissed your cheek again, her stresses and worries now gone and replaced with a warm feeling in her heart and a smile on her face. "I know, and I love you so much."