she wakes you up because she doesn't feel good

While you laid sound asleep beside her, Lisa was wide awake with a terrible ache in her stomach.

She felt a little warm and nauseated, but her stomach seemed to ache more than anything else. She couldn't help but let a few whimpers fall from her lips. She was desperate to ease the pain but she wasn't sure how to.

She didn't wanna wake you so she tried to handle it on her own. She tried to sleep, thinking that if she could just fall asleep she'd feel better when she awoke. But it was clear after an agonizing twenty minutes that sleeping wasn't gonna be a possibility till the pain faded away.

She sat back up and grabbed her stomach. She whined when the pain seemed to grow a little more intense over the sudden movement she made. It broke her heart to even think about waking you. She knows you had a long day and she wanted you to get a good night's rest.

But she was hurting and she was feeling a little overwhelmed. She was unsure of what to do to ease the pain and she felt sick; she needed you.

So, reluctantly, she let her hand fall to your shoulder. She gnawed at the skin of her lip when you stretched out your legs and opened your eyes. "Lisa?" You mumbled as you opened your eyes, regretting it almost immediately when the light coming from the lamp on Lisa's side of the bed hit your eyes. "Honey, what is it? It's only two in the morning,"

Your words were cut off by the painful sound falling from your girlfriend's lips. You opened your eyes right away. The look in her eyes told you she was really hurting. You laid your hand against her forehead and felt that her skin was feverish.

"You're warm. You definitely have a fever." You mumbled sadly and started to rub her shoulder. "Do you feel sick? Is that why you woke me?"

She nodded sadly. "Yeah. My stomach really hurts. I feel a little sick but not bad. I'm just hurting and I really need you." She pouted.

You cracked a sad smile and brushed your thumb across her lips. "Think I have something that will help with your stomach pain." You said and reached into the table beside your bed. Opening the drawer then closing it again, you plugged the heating pad in before laying it across her stomach.

"This should help ease the pain." You explained and kissed her warm forehead before getting up to grab her some water and a sheet for her to cover up with.

"You should feel better covering up with this." You said and moved the trash can closer to her, just in case she were to get sick. You laid back down and instantly, she was laying her head on your shoulder. Your heart swelled with love and you brushed your fingers through her short hair.

"Stomach feeling alright?"

She nodded sleepily. "Starting to feel a little better. Now I'm just really tired." She yawned and closed her eyes.

"Glad to hear that. Go to sleep. I'll be right here if you need me." You kissed her forehead and watched her drift off to sleep. Now that she was beginning to feel better, so were you. The worry you once felt began to dwindle and the fast beat of your heart was starting to return to normal.

"Feel better, baby. Love you. Sweet dreams." You whispered into her hair, rbsuhing your fingers through it a few more times before brushing your lips against her head and letting your head fall against hers before you closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep, happy to know that she was starting to feel much better already.