Chapter 31: The Pride Lands

(Harmony's) POV:

Not wanting to see those hyenas come back and eat us, we quickly leave the area. On our way out, something catches Chibi's attention as he barks all of a sudden. Not long after, we see a lioness getting chased by some Heartless.

"Are those what I think they are?" I ask.

"Heartless!?" Donald asks.

"What do we do?" Goofy asks.

"Help, of course!" I exclaim, then rush into the fray. I get in front of the lioness, ready to face off against the Heartless. "Get back!"

My friends join in, helping me take care of the Heartless. Fighting them definitely did not prove to be easy, considering how we're so used to being human. It especially doesn't help that I can't seem to change into my drive forms, but at least we managed to defeat the Heartless in the end. Once it's over, we take a moment to catch our breath.

"Definitely Heartless," Heisuke says.

"Thank you. You really saved me," the lioness says.

"We're just glad you're okay," says Goofy.

"Did you see any other Heartless around here?" Luke asks.

"Heartless...Is that what they're called? I'm not sure if there are any others...I don't usually hunt outside the Pride Lands," the lioness explains.

"Your home, I take it?" Hijikata asks.

The lioness starts to look sad. "...It used to be. The Pride Lands hasn't felt like home in such a long time, not since I was a cub."

Seeing how hard this must be for her, I decide to quickly change the subject. "By any chance, you wouldn't happen to know if someone by the name of Riku or Madison came by the Pride Lands, would you? Or anyone who claims to be part of an Organization?"

"Or a big bully named Pete?" Mieu asks.

The lioness shakes her head.

I let out a sigh. "Well, thanks anyway."

"Let's take a look around, just to be sure," Asch suggests.

"Wait--the Pride Lands are dangerous. Scar and the hyenas have made things unbearable for everyone. There's no food left. They've driven off the prey. We're about to starve," the lioness explains.

"That does sound troublesome," says Saito.

"So that's what you meant, when you said the Pride Lands haven't felt like home to you," Harada says, understanding the situation.

"We can handle a little danger. You did see us beat those Heartless, after all," Okita points out.

"I guess you're right...You could be just what the kingdom needs. Maybe you can help us," the lioness says.

"You mean taking on Scar and the hyenas?" Nagakura asks.

"Sorry, but before we can make a decision, could you explain in more details about who this Scar guy is?" Luke asks.

"He took over when our last king, Mufasa, died," the lioness explains.

"Let me get this straight. He's your king and you want us to take down your king?" I ask. The lioness nods her head, telling me that that is exactly what she's trying to say. "Give us a moment, would you?"