Chapter 37: Password Uncovered

(Harmony's) POV:

Since my friends and I did all that we could, we head back to the terminal as quickly as possible. Tron quickly gets to work on it so that my friends and I can go back to the User world; Hollow Bastion. But before we go, there is something that's been on my mind.

"So, Tron? What is it that you wanted us to do?" I ask.

"Find my User. He'll give you the password to access the DTD," Tron answers, turning around to face us.

"You bet!" Donald exclaims.

"So, um..." Sora says, confused.

"The DTD? What's that?" Madison asks.

"DTD is the name my User gave to the dataspace. Copies of all the original system programs are stored there, along with anything that's sensitive or restricted," Tron explains.

Madison thinks for a moment. "Might be the information we're looking for."

"Is there stuff about the Heartless, or Organization 13?" Goofy asks.

"Hmm...Most likely," Tron says, then goes back to what he was doing on the terminal. "A number of my functions were appropriated when I last took on the MCP. That's why I need the password. If I can get inside the DTD, I can access my original backup program and restore all my functions. Then, I'll be able to put this system back the way it was before the MCP got control and changed everything. The way it was supposed to be--a free system for you--the Users."

"Okay, but...Isn't the MCP also a program?" Heisuke asks.

"I think Heisuke has a point. If Users created programs, then who was it that created the MCP?" Nagakura asks.

"Actually..." Tron says, then stops himself. He seemed to be in deep thought about something, then gives his answer. "I don't know."

"Then we'll just have to find your User and ask him if he knows anything. What's his name?" Asch asks.

"You mean you don't know? My User is the user of this system: Ansem the Wise," Tron answers with a smile.

"Ansem!?" my friends and I all question in sync, shocked by what we just heard.

I mean, even though we haven't known Tron for that long, he seems to be a very kind person--err, program. As for Ansem, well...During the times when we met Ansem, he seemed nothing more than a mad man, obsessed with darkness, the complete opposite of Tron.

How is it possible that someone as horrible as Ansem can be Tron's creator? My friends and I all exchange a look, showing that their thoughts are no different from mine. Suddenly, we hear a static sound coming from the terminal. Tron doesn't waste any time on trying to find the cause of it.

"Looks like the MCP's on to us," says Tron. "I'll keep this terminal up and running. You better exit the system, now!"

"Sure...But Tron...Ansem is..." says Sora.

Before anything else can be said, Hijikata quickly covers Sora's mouth. "We'll get you the password as quickly as we can."

I not sure whether to be thankful or feel regret. I'm thankful that Hijikata stopped Sora from saying anything about Ansem. Who knows how Tron will react if we were to tell him about Ansem's death, and that he tried to use the power of darkness to take over everything. But I also feel regret because I know that at some point, Tron is going to have to learn the truth about Ansem.