Chapter 47: A New Day is Beginning/Spy in Black

(Harmony's) POV:

After what happened, Atlantica has returned to how it used to be, now that Ursula is gone for good. Well, maybe not all of it. Ever since Ursula's defeat, Ariel has been meeting with Eric at the surface. Even though she's a mermaid and he's a human, that's not stopping them from loving each other.

"I'll admit, I was a little worried that things wouldn't end so well. But they seem to be doing just fine," Asch says.

"Prince Eric's a great guy--and he's really brave, too," Sora says.

"That, and he actually doesn't even care that Ariel's a mermaid. He loves her for who she is," I say.

"Yes. But he IS a human," says Sebastian, who swims towards us, taking part in the conversation.

Donald sighs. "Oh brother. Not again..."

In the middle of our conversation, we notice Ariel swimming in our direction with Flounder right next to her.

"How'd it go with your father?" Saito asks.

"Great! Thanks for your help, everyone. I gotta go. I'll see you later!" Ariel exclaims with an excited smile.

She then swims towards the surface, obviously to go meet up with Eric.

"Hey, wait..." says Sora.

"Let her be, Sora," Harada says.

"Think she's on her way to see the prince?" Heisuke asks.

"No doubt about it," Luke answers.

"I almost forgot, Sebastian!" Flounder exclaims. "King Triton said this year's festival is so important that the musical better be your best ever!"

"My best ever? Hmm..." Sebastian says, deep in thought.

"Oh, right, the concert. With everything that happened, I completely forgot," I say in realization.

"Well, we have been busy trying to help Ariel. It's no surprise that we forgot about it," Madison points out.

"All right, what's going on?" Sora asks, confused about Sebastian's expression.

"You gotta do me a favor," says Sebastian. He has us all huddle up together, then tells us what the issue is. "And it was gonna make de perfect song, too..."

"Looks like you won't be getting any rest anytime soon," says Nagakura.

"We're definitely going to have to make up for all those rehearsals we missed out on," Asch says.

Apparently, the song Sebastian is planning on using is not just for the concert. It's also to celebrate the fact that land and sea have now come together in peace and harmony, thanks to Ariel and Prince Eric. But in order to do a fantastic job, we're going to have to give it our all to make sure that we don't blow it. Since we missed out rehearsing while helping Ariel, that means we can't afford to slack off and are gonna have to put in some extra effort.

Before we knew it, while working hard to memorize our assigned lyrics and dance movements, the day of the concert came. A lot of merpeople appeared, taking a seat to watch the concert. As for me and the others, we all take our places, waiting for Sebastian to give us our cue. Once it's time for the show, Sebastian takes out his baton, taps it on the music sheet stand and begins conducting.