Chapter 25: Settling Old Scores

(3rd) POV:

After leaving Isla de Muerta, Harmony and the others take turns on steering the ship while Will speaks to Elizabeth and helps tend to her injured hand.

"Is it true? You gave Barbossa my name instead of yours. Why choose my name?" Will asks.

Elizabeth looks away, ashamed of her actions. "I don't know," she says.

"Elizabeth...where did you get that?" Will asks, recognizing the medallion in her hands.

"It's yours. From that day we found you--drifting at sea," Elizabeth answers.

"After all this time...I thought I'd lost it," Will says, recalling the day him and Elizabeth met as children. "It was a gift from my father...he sent it to me."

"I'm sorry," Elizabeth says, handing the medallion to Will.

"Why did you take it?" Will questions.

"Because I was afraid that you were a pirate. That would have been awful," Elizabeth answers.

"Of course..." he says, realizing something as he stands up, walking away from Elizabeth. "Don't you see? It wasn't your blood they needed...it was my father's blood--My blood. The blood...of a pirate."

Meanwhile, on the Black Pearl, Jack is tied up, captured by Barbossa and his crew.

"How the blazes did you get off that island, Jack?" Barbossa questions.

"When you sailed away in my ship and marooned me on that godforsaken spit of land, with naught but a pistol and a single shot, you forgot one very important thing, mate. I'm Captain Jack Sparrow," Jack explains.

"I won't be makin' that mistake again," Barbossa declares.

"Then what say you to puttin' the past behind us, untying these ropes, and letting me negotiate the return of your medallion, eh? What say you to that?" Jack asks.

"Seein' as how the Black Pearl's mine now, Jack, lettin' you go doesn't seem to fall within my interests," Barbossa says.

"Odd. I'm not actually concerned with YOUR INTEREST," Jack says, his voice rising in anger with each word that comes from his mouth. "Give me back the Pearl!"

All Barbossa does is laugh off Jack's demands as he faces his crew. "All right! Lock him in the brig!" he orders.

"We're comin' up on the Interceptor," a pirate reports. "What do we do, Captain?"

"Whaddya think, you idiot?" Barbossa questions.

(Harmony's) POV:

I'm not sure what it is that Will and Elizabeth were talking about earlier, but they haven't said a word since reuniting with each other. Will continues to steer the ship while Elizabeth looks out at the sea, til something catches her attention.

"Will, look!" Elizabeth exclaims, pointing to something behind us.

We rush to her side and see the Black Pearl catching up to us!

"What now?" Donald asks, worried.

"I wonder what Jack would do?" I ask, knowing that we would need a pirate to face another pirate.

"I'm not sure," Will says, putting some thought into this. "I suppose...he'd run for it."

"Sounds good to me," Luke says.