Chapter 5: Return

(Madison's) POV:

DIZ called me and Riku for something. Today is most likely the last day before Harmony finally wakes up.

"Why did you show them the train?" Riku asks DIZ, who is sitting in a chair.

"Because they missed the trip to the beach," DIZ says.

"Wow...That's surprisingly kind of you," I say, being sarcastic.

"Now...what about you?" DIZ asks, ignoring my words. "Are the holes in your memories starting to fill in?"

"Yes...the haze is clearing," says Riku.

Because we had left Castle Oblivion, mine and Riku's memories of Harmony had somewhat faded away, just like everyone else's. But we never forgot what we remembered inside Castle Oblivion, which helped us remember Harmony. It's hard to explain, but I am glad to have my memories back. It helps me know that my past sins should never be forgotten.

"The same thing is happening to everyone who had ties with Harmony," says DIZ. "Very soon, to them, she'll be like a good friend who's gone away for a year."

Riku and I soon take our own seats. "We've waited, and now we want to know. What is it that you want?" Riku asks.

"Revenge," DIZ says.

"Revenge..." Riku says, as if the word itself is poison.

I had a feeling it was something like that. The look that DIZ gets in his eyes whenever it comes to Organization 13...It's the same look I used to make with Harmony.

"Now, for the finishing touches. First, we must dispose of Namine," DIZ says. "She did a splendid job with Harmony, but it's high time she disappeared, along with Xamira, who has nothing to offer for Harmony's return. Harmonyx isn't the only one who was never meant to exist. The same also goes for Roxas. Take care of it, Ansem, Madison."

If looks could kill, DIZ would have been a goner from the glare I'm giving him. Words can not even begin to describe how angry I am with DIZ right now, because I don't recall signing up for this. Thankfully, this is where Master Kratos' plan comes in.

(3rd) POV:

"Restoration at 97%," the computer voice says.

"Gwarsh, is that all that's left of the worlds taken by the Heartless?"

"Those worlds will be restored if we beat Ansem, right? But, if we do defeat Ansem, and all these worlds become restored and disconnected, what's gonna happen to this place? And to us?"

"All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. You see, darkness is the heart's true essence."

"That's not true! The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

"Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness!"

"You're wrong. I know now, without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts isn't darkness. It's light!"

"Now, Harmony! Let's close this door for good!"

"Harmony, we will find each other again. Don't worry."

"...Someday...Someday, I'm going to find all of you again! You hear me? We're going home, together!"

"That sounds nice."