Chapter 63: The World That Never Was

(3rd) POV:

In the meeting room, the remaining Organization members gather together.

"The house is looking pretty empty, huh?" Xigbar asks. "I thought I'd get a little enjoyment watching Axel throw one last tantrum. But he went a lot quieter than I thought."

"Perhaps he was ready for it. Perhaps he put his existence on the line, and won what he'd been longing for," says Luxord.

"Wait a minute, how would that even be possible? We don't exist, remember?" Xigbar asks. "What you're saying goes against the laws of nature."

"Then, perhaps he bet his NON-existence. Either way, he came out a winner," says Luxord. "Oh, Axel. A grifter till the end."

"That's absurd. He won nothing, and IS nothing. He couldn't stand the emptiness of being without a heart. And THAT led to his demise. He was foolish and weak," Saix says, almost sounding angry.

"But weakness has the power to awaken that which is dormant," Xemnas says. "It is clear that through his actions, however foolish they may have been, Axel has touched Harmony and Sora's hearts. Perhaps THEY will soon awaken."

(Harmony's) POV:

"Do you think this leads to the Organization's world?" Luke asks, referring to the portal Axel made for us.

"Most likely," Madison answers.

"Aw, come on! Let's get going!" Donald exclaims.

I take one last look at the necklace Axel asked me to hang onto, and tuck it into one of my pockets for safe-keeping. Then I go through the portal, followed by the others. The portal took us to a dark alley. Past a corner, I notice some light.

My father and the King walk to where the light is. I follow their lead and we all look to find ourselves in a city with very tall buildings. Not only that, but there's a huge white castle floating in the sky. And it's not just any castle, it's the same one my friends and I saw before when Chip and Dale informed us about there being two Twilight Towns.

"We made it..." says Nagakura.

Heisuke nods his head. "Yeah. We're finally here."

"But we still need to find Kairi and Chizuru," Harada points out.

"Axel did mention that they were in the dungeon. I'm guessing that involves heading in there," says Okita, referring to the castle.

"Then we better find a way to get to that castle!" the King exclaims.

"Yeah, but it won't be easy. Riku and I never got close to the place, not without being attacked by an army of Dusks," Madison says.

"Which means we'd better be on guard," Saito points out.

"Mickey and I will try to clear a path for all of you and secure the castle entrance," my father says, then goes on ahead with Amaterasu and the King.

My friends and I do as told and try to make our way to the castle, while encountering some Heartless along the way. It makes sense that we'd encounter them here, too, since the Organization now controls them. While heading towards the Organization's castle, it soon starts to rain down on us, making me look up at the sky. I can't tell why, but there's something about this place that feels so familiar, as though I've been here many times before.