Chapter 21: Confrontations Part 1

(Harmony's) POV:

It took a while before we made it the castle. Once we make it inside, we notice a couple of maids and walk up to them.

"Excuse us," Luke speaks up.

"Oh, Master Luke, you're home! And...Master Asch, you're back as well," one of the maids says.

"Where's Natalia?" Asch questions, trying to keep his anger in check.

Like I said before, I can't blame Asch for feeling this way. None of us thought that Natalia would do something like this, lying to Asch and Luke's parents about the fact that Asch is dating with me and not her. Even now, I can't understand what it is that she's trying to prove. I remember the way Riku used to act when I didn't return his feelings for me, but at least he was more honest and upfront about it than Natalia.

"The princess is in the library. Should we call her for you?" the other maid asks.

"No, but you can lead the way," Asch says, then turns to face me and the others. "I'll take the rest from here."

"You sure?" I ask.

"This is something I have to do," he says, then notices my worry. "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything reckless. I'll be back before you know it. I'm just going to ask Natalia some questions, tell her how it is, and I'll come back, promise."

"Okay," I say, deciding to trust Asch.

With that Asch walks away, with the maids leading the way.

"Mieu, I hope he'll be okay," says Mieu, earning an agreeing whine from Chibi.

"Me, too," I say.

"Don't worry, Harmony. It's obvious that Asch really does care about you, so he'll definitely be back soon," Nagakura says.

"That's not what I'm worried about," I say.

"What do you mean?" Heisuke asks.

"Not sure if you've noticed, but Asch has his moments where he can be very hot-tempered. I'm worried about him lashing out at Natalia and possibly taking it too far to the point where he'll really never want to come home ever again, for good this time," I say. "I mean, depending on what Natalia says to him, it might affect Asch's choices of ever wanting to at least visit his parents."

Luke nods his head in agreement. "Yeah. I can definitely see that as a possibility."

"What do you mean by 'this time'?" Saito asks.

That's right. They don't know yet.

With everything that's been happening, lately, we never got the chance to explain to Hijikata and his friends about Asch and Luke. My guess is that they most likely assumed Asch and Luke to be twin brothers. Luke, Mieu, Donald, Goofy and I share a look, wondering if it's time we told the others the whole story. The story about Asch and Luke's past.

(3rd) POV:

After being guided by the maids, Asch enters the library, while the maids go back to their duties. He walks through the library, keeping a lookout for the person he's looking for, and there she is, Princess Natalia.

 He walks through the library, keeping a lookout for the person he's looking for, and there she is, Princess Natalia