Chapter 19: Timeless River

(Harmony's) POV:

After what happened earlier, the others and I head back to where we started, the place where the Cornerstone is.

"I thought for sure Pete was the bad guy," Luke says.

"We all did," I say.

"Aw, that would be too easy," Donald says.

"C'mon, fellas. Let's try to find that steamboat," says Goofy.

"Just how did we end up from fixing a problem the castle is going through, to finding someone's boat?" Asch asks, pinching the bridge of his nose, as though all of this is giving him a headache.

"Well, we did sort of promise," Mieu points out.

"Hey! We've got a boat to find!" Donald exclaims.

"But we don't even know where to start looking," I point out. "And I don't see any doors, aside from the one we came from."

Chibi barks all of a sudden. We look around and notice what it is that he's barking at. There's a floating object; a floating window with a curtain over it.

"I can't see a thing..." says Luke.

Donald notices a rope on the side of the floating window and yanks on it. Then suddenly, we're enveloped in a flash of light. I'm not sure what's going on, but I see a bunch of Heartless in front of other floating windows. The floating windows open and each Heartless enters through them.

The floating windows then disappear, along with the Heartless, while a familiar door, the one we used to get here, appears. Once the doors open, I see me and the others appear, landing face first into the ground.

"Hey, look! There's the Cornerstone of Light!" Goofy exclaims, pointing to the said object.

Luke walks up to the Cornerstone. "What's going on? Everything's black and white," he asks.

"Now I know how it feels being in a cartoon," I say.

"Car...toon? Is that something from the islands you grew up on?" Asch asks.

"Yeah. Something like that. If we ever get the chance, I'll be sure to show you," I say.

"Hey, this is kinda like...um...uh..." Donald tries to say.

"Deja vu?" Goofy asks.

"Yeah, that's it!" Donald exclaims.

"So, does that mean you've been here before, mieu?" Mieu asks.

Another flash appears, and the flashback stops.

"What was that?" I ask, shocked by what just happened.

"I don't know," Asch says, just as shocked as me.

"Heartless, goin' out..." Goofy starts.

"...And us, coming in," Donald finishes.

"What does it mean?" Luke asks.

Donald yanks on the rope again, to see if it does anything, but nothing happens. We then notice those same windows that was shown, the ones that the Heartless jumped into.

"I think that we should probably go take care of those Heartless," I say.

"Then what?" Mieu asks.

"I don't know. But I don't like the idea of letting Heartless have their way with harming people," I say.

"Let's just take it one step at a time," says Asch.