Chapter 18: To the Cornerstone

(Harmony's) POV:

Before leaving the library, I found another torn page for Pooh's book, and tuck it in one of my pockets for safe keeping. Then my friends and I all try to help guide Queen Minnie to the audience chamber, while also clearing a path through the Heartless. It wasn't easy, but we soon reach a pair of doors with a glowing barrier around it.

"Just one moment," says the Queen. She raises a hand to the door. "As soon as the trouble started, I made sure to seal this room," the barrier disappears, and then a smaller door opened up, leading to the audience chamber. "Now then...shall we?"

With that, we enter the audience chamber. It's a very long hall with the throne on the other side of the room. There's a long red carpet leading to the throne from here. We check to see if the coast is clear or not, only to see a lot of Heartless appear, blocking our path.

Queen Minnie gaps. "Not here, too!"

"We've got this," I say.

Once again, we try to clear a path through the Heartless, while also trying to keep Queen Minnie safe. We make it all the way to the throne, but there are still a lot of Heartless.

"There's no end to them!" Luke exclaims.

"Dammit!" Hijikata exclaims.

Queen Minnie quickly moves to the throne, looking under one of the armrests for something. Then I hear the sound of a click, making me think that she pressed a button, which makes the throne, and the platform it's on, move. This takes us completely by surprise. Not only that, but  a bright light appears from underneath the platform, nearly blinding us as it envelopes the whole room.

Once the light faded away, we notice that there aren't anymore Heartless in the room.

"W-wow!" Heisuke exclaims, shocked.

"That's amazing!" Mieu exclaims, earning a bark of agreement from Chibi.

"The room below is called the 'Hall of the Cornerstone'," Queen Minnie says, walking towards a staircase that was hidden under the throne's platform. "Our castle has always been safe from worlds that are evil...thanks to the Cornerstone of Light which we keep down there."

"The Cornerstone...of Light?" Harada asks.

"Wonder what that is?" Nagakura asks.

"Guess we'll soon find out," Asch says as we all follow Queen Minnie down the staircase.

We soon make it all the way down to the edge of the staircase and enter a room that's completely covered with huge thorns, which seem to be slowly growing. And in the center of this room is a large, glowing orb. I'm not sure why, but I suddenly start to feel a chill go up my spine as I take notice of the thorns, almost as if they give off a familiar feeling that I'd rather not remember. Also, Donald and Goofy soon meet up with us, meaning that they must have finished their job.

"This is the castle's cherished Cornerstone. But look. The thorns...They must be the work of someone very evil," Queen Minnie says. "I wonder what this could mean..."

The moment she says that, green and black flames appear in front of the Cornerstone. And from those flames, a familiar and unwanted figure appears!

"It can't be..." I say, shocked.

"Maleficent!" Donald exclaims.

"No way!" Luke exclaims.