Chapter 42: One Thing After the Other Part 2

(Harmony's) POV:

After my speech, Saix stares at me, as though he's trying to see if my words were a farce or not.

"So, you both really do care for her. In that case--...the answer is no," says Saix.

Sora jumps to his feet, glaring at Saix's words. "You rotten...!"

"Are you angry? Do you hate me?" Saix asks. "Then take that rage, and direct it at the Heartless," Saix snaps his fingers, making a bunch of Heartless appear. My friends and I get into fighting stances. "Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. And yet they know not the true power of what they hold. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free...until they weave together to make Kingdom Hearts. And when that time comes, we can truly, finally exist."

"What in the world do you think you're prattling on about?" a familiar voice questions. The others and I look behind us to see Maleficent appear. "Kingdom Hearts belongs to me! The heart of all kingdoms, the heart of all that lives. A dominion fit to be called Kingdom Hearts must be MY dominion!"

"Greedy as always," Madison says, looking at her mother with a glare.

"Maleficent, no! No more Heartless!" Sora pleads.

"I do not take orders from you!" Maleficent yells.

She then summons some Heartless and has them surround Saix. Despite his situation, Saix doesn't seem fazed.

"Fool..." Saix says.

He snaps his fingers, causing Nobodies to appear and defeat the Heartless that surrounded him. The Nobodies then turn their attention on us. Before they can come make a move, Maleficent teleports herself in front of us. Then, for some unknown reason, she creates a wall of green and black flames, blocking the Nobodies' path from getting any closer to us.

"What're you--!?" Madison asks, shocked by her mother's actions.

"While I keep these creatures at bay, you devise a way to vanquish them--forever!" Maleficent declares.

Some of the Nobodies then begin to grab her.

"Maleficent!" I exclaim.

"Do not misunderstand me. I shall have my revenge on you yet," says Maleficent.

More Nobodies appear and pin her to the ground.

"Mother!" Madison exclaims, showing a tint of concern.

"Leave! Now!" Maleficent orders.

"Did you forget something already? I don't take orders from you anymore!" Madison exclaims.

Just before Madison can jump in to help her mother, Donald and Heisuke hold her back.

"Madison! C'mon!" Donald exclaims.

"But...what about..." Sora tries to say.

"I know that Maleficent is a horrible person with no kindness in her heart, but we can't just leave her," I say.

The flaming wall that Maleficent had created slowly fades away as her body is completely covered with Nobodies piled on top of her.

"Now then. Where did we leave off?" Saix asks.

Saix snaps his fingers, making the Nobodies, aside from the ones who attacked Maleficent, disappear. In their place, more Heartless appear. The Heartless then begin to surround us, causing my friends and I to keep our guard up.