Chapter 65: Reunited At Last

(3rd) POV:

"When I met Riku the first time, he still had the appearance of a boy. Probably because he had such a strong heart, and a strong woman by his side," Ansem says, explaining his story to Kratos and King Mickey. "I asked them to find two young women named Harmonyx and Xamira, and a young man named Roxas, from Organization 13, and bring them to me. When I told them it would help Harmony awaken from her slumber, they left without a word. They fought Harmonyx and Roxas. And I can only surmise Riku and Madison lost that fight. Riku must have realized then: to fight in the realm of darkness, he would have to immerse himself in that same darkness. And when he did...you saw what became of him. When Riku and Madison brought Harmonyx, Xamira and Roxas to me, he was introducing himself...as Ansem. I was astounded...by his resolve. If that was what it took to awaken his friend, he was ready to live in darkness. Madison began to question my actions after what happened to Riku. I...did a terrible thing to him. Riku was the victim of my revenge...Oh, how my heart ached. I could only laugh to hide my shame as I acknowledged Madison's resentment towards me."

"I guess it musta been after that when Kratos and I saw Madison and Riku again. They said they wanted to help Harmony...but Riku made us, including Madison, promise--Promise that Harmony wouldn't ever find out about what happened to him while he was out in the darkness," the King explains.

"Madison has even gone out of her way of trying to figure out some theories on how to help him change back. But in her own words 'there aren't any guarantees that they'll work without accidentally putting his life in danger'," Kratos says.

"My friends, the time has come. I am responsible for all of this," says Ansem.

Ansem then goes to pick up the device he dropped. Just as he begins to leave, more Dusks appear.

"Ansem!" the King exclaims.

"Look out!" Kratos yells.

The both of them use their Keyblades on the Dusks, while Amaterasu helps by using her flaming disc.

"You can't do this. It's too dangerous to do this alone," says Kratos.

"Let me go, my friends," Ansem says.

Kratos and the King walk over to Ansem and help lift up his device.

"What Kratos meant was that we'll help. But we're not helping with revenge. Understand?" the King asks, winking his eye.

"Leave the Dusks to us," Kratos says with confidence.

Ansem chuckles. "I really can't keep anything from either of you...I must make amends to these young people. I must stop it...I must stop Kingdom Hearts."

(Harmony's) POV:

"Get off of us!" I exclaim, somehow managing to get the Heartless off of me.

When I look up, my eyes widen at what I see. There, fighting alongside Kairi and Chizuru against the Heartless is actually Ansem, Xehanort's Heartless! Seeing this makes me confused. But there's something off about his presence.

Ansem is evil, no doubt about it, but--How is it possible that I'm able to sense a small glimmer of light shining through his darkness? I don't have time to think on the matter when I hear my friends speak up.

"Hey, isn't that guy...?" Nagakura begins to ask.

"Ansem!?" Asch questions with wide eyes.

"What's going on!?" Sora questions, just as shocked.