Work

A/N: I'm only posting one chapter, this is really long!

Also i'm running out of ideas for the story, so if you guys have any ideas please comment them!

"Sammy! Sammy, jeez wake up!"

The music director opened his eyes. "Huh?"

"You've been asleep for a while now."

A man with slightly curly brown hair was standing in front of him, he was lanky and wore brown overalls. His brown eyes glittered from under his flat-cap hat, face dotted with faint freckles.

"W-Wally?"

"Yes, it's me, Wally. Jeez, you must have been overworked really hard!" he held out his hand. "Now, come on, Joey wants those songs in soon."

"S-Songs?" he took his hand and stood up, looking at his hands.

They were human again.

"Yes, the songs! Look, if you think I'm going to help you again, I'm outta here," Wally handed him sheets with music notes on it.

"Please, where's the bathroom?"

"You should know! Just down the hall to the left," the janitor told him, Sammy dropped the papers and followed his directions.

Walking in, he gasped as he looked at the mirror.

His blonde hair was neatly set around his face, combed to the side, his ice blue eyes reflected the light above him. Stubble lined his chin slightly, his jaws angular. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants with suspenders.

The music director felt his face, it was real.

"Sammy!" Wally poked his head in the door. "I've got your papers, ya need to go to Joey now."

He shoved it in his hands and began pushing him towards the elevator.

"Wait, Wally, where's Susannah?"

"Susannah?" he slowed his pace. "Who's that?"

"A twelve year-old girl. Dark hair, brown eyes."

He felt like he was doing something terribly wrong.

"Ain't seen any children run around here," he pointed to the elevator. "Now get in."

"Don't," a deep, gruff voice spoke.

Sammy spun around, a tall, broad shouldered man had his arms crossed. He had black hair and hard blue eyes with thick brows. He wore a white shirt with a black tie and brown pants.

"Unless you want to die. One day this elevator is going to crash to the ground like a plane with a sputtering engine."

"Tom, he just needs to get this to Joey. He's not going to hell and back."

"Might as well be in this darn place," he replied back grumpily and walked away.

"How's that Mr. Connor fellow? Tellin' everyone what to do," Wally mumbled as he pressed the button.

Soon enough the elevator came clanking down, and squeakily opened its doors.

I have no idea where to go! Sammy thought stressfully, hands starting to shake.

"Hey, uh, Wally? Would you mind, um, coming with me?"

"Nervous, are we?" he raised an eyebrow. "Well, sure, you're not usually one to hand in work late, so I guess ya don't have any excuses. I'll vouch for ya, old buddy," Wally elbowed him in the side as they walked into the elevator.