Awake

Sammy laid a blanket over a sleeping Bendy as Susannah sat next to him.

"Poor little baby," she murmured as she stroked him.

"Yeah," he glanced back at Henry and sighed. "Hopefully they'll both get better soon."

"Mm..." she was fixated on the demon.

"Well, I'll be back. I've got to go talk to the Lost Ones," he got up and walked out the door.

She leaned over and caressed his cheek, he smiled and she patted his head gently.

Pulling the blanket further up him, she walked into her room and sat next to Henry on his bed.

She sighed. "You've been out for two days now," she held his hand. "I really hope you'll wake up soon. Allison is feeding you slowly, Tom told her that unconscious people can still starve."

Susannah glanced at Bendy. "Bendy's still sick, he's sleeping now. The cheeky thing was complaining but joking about his sickness..."

The girl looked back at Henry. "I asked Sammy how he died, Sammy told me that he slit his neck. I felt a bit sick, then I asked him if he knew about him being reborn. He was really nervous but said that reborn as a beast. He said that he had massive arms and used them to walk, his eye was covered again. Sammy told me that he began chasing you, but you stopped and hit him with your hand and he disappeared.

"Bendy walked in on us talking, he said that he didn't remember much but he knew that he didn't die. After Sammy left with you, he crawled onto his chair and lay there for a day, his body formed into what he is now. He wandered around the halls, then found us.

"I think it's something to do with your hand, Henry. It brought Sammy's memories back, and gave Bendy a new life. There's something special about it, I don't know what, but I'm sure it can get us out of here."

She sighed again. "He took me to dance before he... You know... And he was complimenting me and he gave me a really sweet drawing. We danced, and when we came back I really wanted to ask you to dance. So, I hope we can when you wake up."

She felt a gentle squeeze.

"Is that so?"

"Oh, Henry!" She went to hug him but stopped herself. "Are you alright?"

He started to cough. "Yeah, I'm feeling better."

"Really? I mean, you just woke up."

"Alright, alright," he held his hands up. "I'm stiff all over."

She nodded. "No wonder, you've been out for days. We can talk to Allison when she gets back."

"Who else is here?"

"Just me and Bendy."

"Do you really think that about my hand?"

"Yes, we need to figure out your power."

He nodded slowly. "How is he?"

"Asleep now, he had a fever before."

She picked up a mumbling outside, then heard tiny footsteps.

"Henry?" he slurred, she walked over to him, eyebrows creased in worry.

"You're meant to be asleep," she picked him up gently.

"I wanna see Henry," he said.

She carried him over to his bed and set him down.

Henry gently ruffled his head. "You good, bud?"

Bendy nodded, then winced. "My head."

"Silly," she whispered, he sat on her lap and leaned against her chest. "You need your rest."

He grumbled but closed his eyes.

Susannah patted him as he fell asleep, the demon smiling widely.

She sat there as Henry slept too, happy that both her boys were getting better.

***

Henry sat up as Susannah bought a bowl into their room.

"Here you go," she passed it carefully to him.

"Thanks," he replied as Bendy tried to climb onto his bed, she put her hands under his arms and helped him up.

"I can do it myself, ya know," he indignantly crossed his arms.

"Totally," she smirked at him. "A little shortie like you is fine all by themselves."

The toon narrowed his eyes. "Yes, I am. I don't need a bossy-boots like you."

"Bossy-boots?" Susannah put her hands on her hips. "Really?"

"Yep." He blinked at her.

The girl picked him up and looked him in the eyes, smiling, she then held him in her arms like a baby and tickled him.

He growled but seemed to be enjoying it, she asked, "you like that?"

Bendy nodded eagerly, she cuddled him, then giggled and mushed her face against his.

"I love you," he purred. "You're so wonderful and perfect."

"I'm not sure if perfect is the right word," she held him in her arms. "But thank you. I remember you said that to me when we danced."

He nodded slowly. "And I meant it, doll. I really love you, now I can properly say it."

"I love you too," she pressed her forehead against his.

Henry smiled. "I woke up one night and you were both asleep beside me."

"Bendy wanted to sleep with you," Susannah explained. "So I did too."