Sing With Me

"We need to change that bandage of yours," Henry pointed at her arm.

"Fine," she groaned, getting up from her drawing.

He unwrapped it and tossed it away, it was dirty and bloody.

"I can't believe I forgot to change it," he murmured as he pulled a new one off the shelf.

She stood in silence as he applied it, she saw there was a large scab where the cut was.

Sammy walked in, holding a violin. "I thought we could do something musical tonight," he said to all of them.

Tom nodded, Allison went back to tightening a bolt on his arm as he sat on the workbench.

"And what will we be doing?" Susannah asked.

"Well, you remember how I said my favourite song was 'Willow Weep for Me?'"

She nodded.

"I thought maybe we could sing it."

"Sing?" she repeated. "Sammy, I enjoy singing to myself, but not to others."

"I'm sure your voice is quite lovely, little sheep," he patted her on the back.

"The last time I sang was when we kept Henry prisoner," Allison admitted.

"You kept Henry prisoner?" Susannah stared at her, she nodded.

"Besides, I don't even know most of the words," the girl turned back to Sammy.

"Not to worry," he handed her a music sheet and grinned.

"God damn you," she huffed, Henry chuckled.

"Okay, I'll start with the violin, then Allison can come in first," he took the sheet and gave it to the Alice Angel.

"M-Me?" she stammered, taken aback. Sammy nodded.

"I can't sing," she looked down.

"Hey, you're Alice Angel! Of course you can sing!" he added, Tom nodded and raised an eyebrow.

"Okay," she held the sheet in shaky hands and took a breath in.

The music director started to play an upbeat tune, "when you're ready!"

She cleared her throat.

"Willow weep for me, willow weep for me,

Bend your branches green along the stream that runs to sea," Allison sang a bit offbeat, but it still sounded beautiful.

"Listen to my plea, listen willow weep for me,

Gone my lover's dream, lovely summer dream,

Gone and left me here to weep my tears into the stream,

Sad as I can be - Hear me willow and weep for me."

Sammy slowed down on the violin to a stop.

"I know that voice! You're Allison Pendle!"

"What?" she turned to him.

"You're Allison Pendle, you were a voice actress for Alice Angel! God, how come I didn't realise sooner?!" Sammy hit his head with his hand.

"I-I was?"

"I think you were," Henry agreed. "I used to watch the cartoons Joey would pump out, you sound just like her."

Allison stared blankly at the ground.

"Can I have a turn now, Sammy?" Susannah asked as Henry finished wrapping her arm.

"Okay, then Allison can join back in," he began to play, and she quickly ran over to Allison and looked at the paper in her hands.

"Three, two, one," Sammy counted her in.

"Whisper to the wind to say that love has sinned

To leave my heart aching and making this moan,

Murmur to the night to hide her starry light,

So none will find me sighing and crying all alone," she sang with a nice voice, but it wasn't as good as Allison's.

"Weeping willow tree, weep in sympathy,

Bend your branches down along the ground and cover me,

When the shadows fall, bend oh willow weep for me..." They both harmonized, Susannah called, "come on Henry!"

He walked over to them and sang the last lines with his deep voice.

"To leave my heart aching and making this moan,

So none will find me sighing and crying all alone,

Weeping willow tree, weep in sympathy."

Tom was nodding and tapping his foot along with the beat.

"Bend your branches down along the ground and cover me,

When the shadows fall, bend oh willow,

Bend oh willow and weep for me."

Sammy played a few more notes and set the violin down. Tom clapped Allison on the back and smiled.

'And who said you couldn't sing?'

"Oh, shush," she shoved his hand away and rolled her eyes.

"That was quite splendid," Sammy clapped his hands together. "We must do that again soon."

"In your dreams," Susannah called as she went back to her drawing.