A Friend?

Bendy thought about the girl.

She somehow managed to wander into the studio, and in his mind.

He had never seen a human girl.

Just human men.

He liked the way her hair would hang past her shoulders, how her cheeks were always a bit red, and her slightly tanned skin.

She would always have hope and seemed to face every task with a smile.

She brought hope to Bendy himself.

He limped through the never-ending halls and opened an ink portal.

Bendy stood in front of the massive ink machine, an ink ocean bubbling ominously. He opened another and slipped into the entrance. He walked through the wall with the lever and sat in his crooked chair. He rested his head in his hands and sighed.

Maybe I could take her out one day, he thought, picking up a film reel labelled 'the end.'

Sighing again, he tossed it onto one of the Projectionist heads.

***

Susannah sat with her arms hugging her knees, rocking back and forth.

"Come on, little sh- Susannah. Please eat."

She shook her head, eyes blank.

It had been two days since she had been taken from Henry.

Sammy sighed. "Fine," he threw his hands up in the air. "I'll leave it here, and don't complain when you're hungry!" He growled, storming out of the room.

Susannah's eyes began to fill with tears again, she felt very emotional lately. She guessed it must've been because she was stuck down here.

She heard Sammy mutter to himself, then his footsteps walk away.

Then her door opened back up, and she cowered as she saw the Ink Demon at her door.

Susannah covered her eyes, and after a few moments, she peeked through them. He was still standing there, he took a tentative step forward to test if she was scared.

She watched as he turned and began to write on the wall.

In a messy, sloppy, child's handwriting, she read:

You don't need to be afraid.

She shifted in her sitting position. "Y-you won't hurt me?"

The demon shook his head slowly.

"But you're the Ink Demon. You kill everything and anything," she said softly.

Call me Bendy, he scribbled.

"O-okay."

He suddenly limped away, and Susannah let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. Then he came back, holding a book in his hands. He began to write in it, and he turned it towards her.

Curiosity again got the better of her, Susannah got up and slowly walked over to him.

Want me to take you out?

"Out? You mean outside this room?" her voice was quiet.

He nodded.

"Oh, uh, sure."

Wanting to comply with the demon, he quickly wrote, Follow me, before limping out of her room.

She put the Boris plushie back on her bed.