Like Her Father

Susannah was stretched out asleep across Henry's lap, Sammy was making soup while muttering.

"Allison and Tom have been out for a while..." he mumbled while handing Henry a bowl of soup.

Henry nodded. "Yeah, but there's no more danger, except for the ink, searchers, and butcher gang."

The ink person sighed. "I guess," he sat next to the man and rubbed his neck. "I'm just scared that I'll lose them..." Sammy glanced down at Susannah.

"Don't think about that. There's hardly anything that will kill us anymore, we have Bendy on our side, we can easily kill the searchers and butcher gang now."

He sighed again and lifted his mask.

"I know," he seemed to smile at Susannah. "How?... How are you so close to her?"

"I honestly don't know," he wiped a blob of ink off her forehead. "It might be because...You know..."

"Her dad," Sammy finished.

She twitched a little in her sleep.

"She trusted me when I first looked after her," he admitted, Henry nodded in agreement.

"Hey, did I show you what she drew?" the blonde-haired man asked, Sammy shook his head. "Go look on the wall beside her bed."

He stood up and walked away, then came out of their room overjoyed.

"I'm her family?" he sat back down.

Henry chuckled, "that's the exact same thing Tom said."

"Wow," he breathed, and smiled at Susannah again. "I-I haven't been so close to someone for years."