The Core

Tom opened the hatch and slid down the ladder.

"This is it?" Henry asked, following him down with Bendy sitting on his shoulders.

The Boris clone nodded and reached a metal door.

"Henry, I really don't like it here..." the demon held onto him tighter.

"I know, buddy, but the sooner we get out of here the better."

The door was punched open by Tom, there was a small machine with 'GENT' printed on the front. It had many tubes feeding in and out of it, and sounded almost like a living thing as it thumped like a heartbeat.

"Alright, how do we destroy this?"

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Bendy looked up at it in fear, eyes wide.

"H-Henry, I-I want to get o-out of here!"

Henry spun around and looked at the demon.

"I don't l-like this place! Please! I wanna get out!"

"Hey," Henry crouched next to him. "It's okay."

He pulled him into a hug and Bendy leaned heavily against him, his ink dripping down his face.

"I don't really like this place either, but we need to cut off this machine," he cupped his face. "Do you think you can handle it for a little longer?"

He was silent for a moment. "O-Okay," he smiled weakly.

"Great going, little buddy," Henry patted him.

Sammy was standing in the hallway to the throne room, holding an axe.

Allison sighed, Susannah shuffled her feet.

The director glanced at her. "Hey, don't worry, they'll be back soon."

"I know..." The Alice Angel sighed again. "But I'm still worried after Tom got his memories back..."

Susannah leaned against her, the angel put an arm around her. "He'll be fine," she said.

"What was I like when I was human?"

"Hm?" Sammy stared at her.

"What was my personality like?"

He fidgeted nervously. "Well... actually a lot like you are now. You were one of the few people I tolerated."

"Tolerated?" Allison blinked.

"Trust me, the list was very short. It was... Jack, you, Henry, even though I didn't really meet him, Tom, well, sometimes, and Susie."

"Who's Jack?"

"A searcher," Susannah looked up at her. "Sammy introduced me to him, he's really nice."

"He helped me write my songs and wrote the lyrics for them," he added.

"Susie was the woman you loved, right?" she questioned.

"I-It's complicated!" he turned away and the younger girl scoffed.

"Anyway, I'm glad to hear I was a 'tolerable' person!" Allison raised an eyebrow.

"Don't make fun of me..." he crossed his arm defensively.

"Oh, what about Tom? What was he like?!" she gave him a wide smile.

"Erm..." he seemed to be dripping ink. Suddenly he shouted and fell to his knees, shaking.

"Sammy?!" Susannah knelt next to him. "What's wrong?"

"T-The ink!" he gasped. "It's trying to pull me back!"

"We need to check on the others," Allison looked behind them. "Come on!" she pulled him to his feet.

Susannah held his hand and followed her as she began to run.

"Alli-" he let go of the angel's hand. "I can't go any further!" he collapsed to the ground.

She and Susannah stopped when a voice sounded.

"That's Henry!" Allison cried, "Henry...?"

"Run!" he howled, he was riding a large version of Bendy before he died. Ink was pouring from behind them like a wave, Tom peeked from behind Henry.

Susannah and Allison lifted Sammy, Tom reached out and lifted the young girl onto his lap.

A light flashed and the four people shielded their eyes, Susannah's eyes adjusted and she cried out.

Henry was floating in the air, the gold swirl on his hands illuminated. Light swirled around him, his hands pointed to the ink.

She realised that it wasn't just ink, no, there were faces in the ink, along with hands and arms reaching out.

"Henry!" Bendy called.

"Help the others, I can't hold it for long," his voice was weird.

"Okay, get on my back!" the demon crouched and Tom pulled Sammy and Allison up.

"Come on, Henry. I can't stay like this for too long!"

Henry was silent, his mouth open in fear.

He saw the Lost Ones shouting again, he looked down at his hands.

This time they were covered in ink, the golden light trailing along his arms like veins.

He screamed again, Allison pulled him towards her and he crashed into her and Tom.

"We've got him, Bendy!"

The ink demon began to run again, pounding along the ground. He ducked his head and came into a hall.

"Bendy! I don't think that monster's following us anymore!" Allison shouted as she watched the ink thing reach towards them through the doorway, then back off.

"Thank goodness... I was gettin' tired..." ink splashed as he returned to his normal state, the people fell to the floor.

Tom lifted his head and shook it, Allison sat up.

"Henry?" Sammy looked down and shook his shoulder.

He began to hack and cough, blood spilling from his mouth.

Susannah rushed over and knelt beside him and rolled him onto his side.

"We need to take him back, now," she advised. "He's in bad shape."

"They're both in bad shape!" Allison cradled Bendy in her arms. "Bendy's shaking, Henry's sick..."

Sammy nodded as he opened a portal. "Getting out of this studio is going to be harder than we thought." 

A/N: Have a meme for this sad chapter :)

Also this chapter is heavily based off of Elwensa's comic, i have no original ideas soo