Scars and a Truth

A/N:  MASSIVE WARNING

This chapter talks about abuse (i dont know if it should be on mature, but im leaving up to you guys to decide that) and if you feel uncomfortable about that sort of stuff, PLEASE click away now!

Susannah walked down the hall, holding Sammy's hand tightly as they made their way back to the safehouse.

It had been two days since Henry had blacked out.

Opening the door, Allison seemed to be talking to herself, when a voice replied back.

"Yes, Allison, I'm fine."

"Henry!" Susannah ran into their room and threw her arms around him.

He chuckled. "Careful, I'm still sore."

"Oh! Sorry," she went to pull away but he hugged her with one arm.

They sat there for a while, Sammy walked in and stood at the doorway, smiling.

Later that night Henry was sitting on the couch with Susannah while she looked over his arms, the pair were alone.

"You have a lot of scars," she told him, tracing the lines.

"A lot of them are probably from the war," he craned his head to look at her. "Or the studio, or various other things."

"Did you serve in the war?" she asked him, Henry nodded.

He spotted a bruise on her own arm. "How'd that happen?"

She froze and blinked nervously. "Well, um..."

"You don't have to tell me."

"I-It was Bendy," she shifted a little. "When he picked me up and carried you and I back to the safehouse. He didn't mean it..."

They were silent when she spoke up. "I-I told Sammy about my family..."

"About your dad," he pulled her closer to him, she rested her head on his chest.

"So you know," she said softly.

"Yes, is there anything else you want to say?"

"Well, I ran away from home," she shifted a little. "I couldn't stand to see my mother any longer."

Susannah turned to face him, eyes swimming. "Henry? Do you know what abuse is?"

"I do," he cupped her face.

Tears welled up. "S-She would threaten me all the time, and if we did something wrong she would hurt us."

"Oh, Sue," he murmured as she broke down on his lap. "You don't deserve any of this. Did she ever hurt you really bad?"

"Once, when I was really little. I couldn't stand her yelling all the time, but I knew I had to stay for my sister. She didn't ever understand what she was doing was bad, but I always did. I always did," Susannah continued.

"One day I had enough and ran, ran as far as I could from her, but I forgot about my sister. I feel so bad even just thinking about her."

Henry rubbed circles into her back, she wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

"I promise you, when we get out of here you're coming home with me," his eyes pricked as he vowed.

Sammy walked in, Henry mouthed 'I'll tell you later.'

He nodded and grabbed something off the shelf.

***

Once a happy family full of smiles.

Now full of fake smiles plastered onto their faces.

Now broken and full of sins and unforgettable deeds.

Some that would be brushed off.

Some that could never be forgotten.

Some that would haunt forever.