Who's Alice?

Sammy stretched. He felt Susannah shift in his arms, she snuggled more into his chest.

"Morning," he murmured, she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning," Henry was bustling around the workbench. "Sleep well?"

Susannah smiled. "How come you didn't sleep in?"

"Unlike you two, I need to do some work," he mused, ruffling her hair.

Susannah leapt up off the couch. "Want me to help?"

Henry nodded. "Three bowls, three spoons."

She rummaged through drawers and found them. Henry poured the soup into each bowl and plopped a spoon in. She carried a bowl over to Sammy and sat next to him, her elbow pressing against his.

"Thanks," Sammy gulped the whole thing down, not caring of his manners.

"Jeez, you're hungry," Susannah commented, nudging his arm with her elbow.

"Yeah, I haven't eaten in ages."

"Do you need to eat?" She inquired, Sammy lifted his shoulders in a shrug.

"Sometimes, I guess. I don't think I need to eat every day, maybe every month?"

"Wow," Henry sat in a chair across from them. "What else can you do with that inky prison of yours?"

Sammy made a hmph noise. "I can make ink portals, control some of the searchers, and I lead the Lost Ones."

"You lead them?" Henry asked, shuffling closer to him.

Sammy nodded.

"Can we use that as an advantage towards Bendy?" the man blinked at the ink man.

"No. Bendy is immortal, whenever he gets hurt he just regenerates himself."

"Can all ink creatures do that?" Susannah asked, holding his arm.

"No, little sheep. Yes, we can be reborn, but if we are killed by damage to the head or damage to the chest we cannot be," he explained.

"I've been killed by Bendy," Henry admitted.

"You have?!" the twelve-year-old stared at him. "Bendy... Killed you?"

"When you are reborn you walk through an inky, glowing tunnel," the blonde-haired man continued.

"Yes," Sammy agreed. "I was killed by Bendy just after I summoned him, when I tried to sacrifice Henry. Again, I'm sorry about that."

"It's alright," he shrugged. "Alice told me that it was like 'bits of your mind, swimming like fish in a bowl.'"

"Who's Alice?" Susannah questioned, tilting her head at Henry.

"She was an Alice Angel, like Allison. One side of her face was perfect, the other, well... It was melted."

"She had a hobby of killing Boris clones for their hearts and eating them," Henry went on. "Before I met Allison and Tom, I met a clone. He was kind and took me in, he even had his own safehouse."

"Really? He must've been a really good friend."

"He was," Henry gazed wistfully at the roof. "Then Alice got a hold of him and... Turned him into a monster."

Susannah kept quiet and didn't ask anymore, the adult was clearly upset.

"You get separated, Henry," Sammy looked over at him. "But things get better. Hey, I mean, you've got Susannah, Allison, Tom and I."

He nodded, wiping his eyes.

"Do you remember Alice at all, Sammy?" Susannah asked, eagerly looking up at the music director.

"Yes, her voice. It was so heavenly... So beautiful."

"I wish she wasn't evil," she said, holding Sammy's hand. "Then maybe she could help us."

"Did you ever hear her singing?" Sammy asked Henry after a while.

"I do. She was humming to herself while I was unclogging the toy machine's gears. It was actually quite pleasant."

Susannah giggled. "I really wish I was with you, Henry."

"Me too, kiddo," he leaned over and ruffled her hair.