Issue #35: Reanimation's Holiday Issue [continued]...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

*********************************************************

Mom had only been making a quick errand into town, so I hadn’t stayed at Seto’s for very long when she came to get me.

I could walk the three miles, but it was nicer to get a ride, especially in the winter.

Once I had gotten back I still had things to do, like gift wrapping. Unlike cooking, I was a pro at this. I readjusted the ribbons on the gifts. I had gotten all of my friends, my sisters and my parents a gift.

I was happy—I actually got to see my sisters for once, they were usually so busy with work and college it was a difficult thing for us all to be together. I had the hardest time coming up with a gift for everyone, especially Seto. I mean, what do you get the guy who can afford anything? I was pleased with my findings however, and thought everything they would at least share some interest in, considering I put a lot of thought into it.

I set them underneath my tree, where Isis snored on the nearby pillow. I smirked ruffling the Siberian husky mix’s fur, as she opened her eyes to send me a glare, unhappy I had woke her.

“Hope!!” I heard shuffling in the kitchen and wandered out there.

My fluffy slippers shifted across the cold floor. “Yeah?”

“Did you know how the weather is supposed to be tomorrow? I want to know if I need to go look for my hat or not.”

“Hm…I don’t know, I think its supposed to snow, don’t forget I’m spending the afternoon with Seto, Mocuba and them.”

“Just great, I guess I’ll have to find that damn hat then,” She grumbled looking around. I started to help in the search; Dad was sitting down, resting and watching TV, happy to be on vacation for the holidays. “What about that Roran, and Breanna too?” he asked.

“Yea, they’ll be there too—this is like our Christmas with them. Roran wasn’t able to afford it, and Seto and Mocuba just never bothered because of how his adoptive family was.”

“That’s sad, if you want you can invite them to come with us on Christmas.” My brow raised, them with me—on Christmas? Meeting my family?

“Uh, no that’s okay, they already think I’m crazy—I don’t need to have them see where I get it from.” I joked, as Dad gave a small chuckle and Mom harrumphed at me.

“Whatever you want—only one of them is dating my daughter, not like I should care or anything.” She said touchily. Like I said before, sometimes the holidays bring out the worst in people.

“Okay! Alright I’ll ask them.” I looked under the couch, finding a black knitted hat. “Here—” I tossed it at her.

“Good,” She replied, “Your Dad and I don’t get to see enough of them.”

Dad looked at her, not really wanting to get involved. He just pretended to be immersed in the television, sitting in his favorite chair. I sighed, plunking down next to him in an adjacent couch and watching the latest Christmas special.

*********************************************************

Christmas Eve.

“Roran!!! Roran!!!” An excited Amy chirped jumping up and down, I stared at her unimpressed, I didn’t care how cute she was at the time—she was still really enthusiastic, “CAN WE OPEN PRESENTS NOW!!! PLEASE!!!”

“God Roran, what the hell did you do—feed her a bowl of sugar?” I asked as she jumped up and down in front of him excitedly.

“Of course not!” He snapped at me and turned to his sister, “We’re watching a movie first—so calm down.” He retorted with a smirk as she pouted.