Issue #12...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

It's much simpler to get to Kaiba Corp when everyone thinks you're dead. I noted as I walked past several people; and even a few people had Oracalcos rings.

          They must've sent a few ordinary people after me; seen all the blood and assumed I had bled to death somewhere.

          To keep a fairly low profile—I tied my Kaiba Corp jacket around my waist to hide the initials. I think I found it much easier being declared dead because nobody was looking for me—or expecting it.

          It was probably the best idea at the moment, I thought regretfully as I seen the outline of Yugi and his friends staring out the Kaiba Corp window.

          What was my plan? I had no clue. Really it wasn't like I was up for opinions. Based on the fact that I caught sight of several Oracalcos symbols—the leader that was behind this wasn't showing up until the final round when he'd go up against Yugi and Seto both—those two wanted to get Oracalcos finished—that was obvious.

          This would all take place in about three days. Each day the duelists that make themselves the most well known would move forward.

          The winner would get a chance to duel both of them at once—no doubt this was a set-up for Oracalcos. I wondered if they would cancel the tournament if Oracalcos revealed themselves sooner. Probably not, for publicity issues.

          My guess is since they had to go up against both of them—they would kill the bigger threat so that way they had a chance of winning the game. They didn't know I was alive—which left me a bigger chance of saving Seto or Yugi when my chance came.

          I felt terrible for letting Yugi, Seto, and all the others think I was dead, but I had a feeling Oracalcos was keeping a close eye on them, and me walking up to the doorsteps would not end in my favor. I could only hope that the Oracalcos Leader thought I was dead, that way if they started to target the others to eliminate them, then I would surprise them.

        What would Seto think? Would he be insulted that I let him think I was dead, or simply glad I was okay. I shook my head, why would I care what he thought. Well, he is the person that took me into his company, offered me his home, and helped save my life. I sighed, that was just for starters, I owed him alot, but I couldn't even think of how to repay him. There was one thing I knew for sure though.

          I was going to keep Oracalcos from killing anyone or sending them to the Shadow Realm. It was all I could do until the leader revealed his identity.

          Suddenly I had I hand on my shoulder. I snarled once I caught his scent.

          "Roran!" I snarled through clenched teeth. My eyes flashing like sapphires as I turned towards him. It wasn't the shape shifter either, it was the real deal.

          He pressed his fingers to my lips and I glared at him. If he wanted to keep that finger he'd best get away from my face. "Be quiet—everyone thinks you're dead and I won't tell your lie if you don't tell mine."

 I raised my eyebrows, His lie?

What did he have to lie about, my eyes widened, This was the same guy who had tried plunging a glass shard into Mokuba's and my heart, and now here he was...expecting me to believe every word he said?

          "What—why would I do that?" I snapped quietly as he pulled his hand away.

          "I'm not expecting you to understand or not to try and kill me—but this is important. We need to talk in private—meet me in one hour.'" He said calmly.