Issue #31...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Dedicated to CelestialRose...for her sanity and due to her awesome comments I have updated. :)

WARNING: THERE IS A DUEL DURING THIS CHAPTER, BUT ITS VERY BRIEF SO NO WORRIES MY LOVELY READERS. I apologize if its not played correctly, just bear with me becuase the end result of the duel would be the same. :D

And the plot thickens....

************************************************

            Immediately I whacked Seto Kaiba upside the head with a branch once it was obvious he wasn’t himself. He grabbed the branch and gnawed at it with his fangs—snapping it in two.

I didn’t like it—but I tackled him to the ground and held him tightly in human form—wrapping my arms and legs around him—restraining him from Taiya—who dropped the useless branch tightly into the ground.

“Seto knock it off!” I hissed tightly in through my gritted teeth as I tried to maintain balance on his back as he stood up in wolf form.

            He ignored me and snapped at my arms drawing blood. It hurt more than it should of—and it wasn’t because of how hard he bit me—it was because I knew that he had bit me intentionally.

“You have to control it!!” I snapped and grabbed him and threw him onto the ground once more—his side slammed onto the ground the same time mine did. I felt the breath whoosh out of him. Breathing heavily I let go of him. I stood up and walked away with my back turned to him. He didn’t move from the ground.

I turned around and watched him stagger to his feet his paws bleeding. Then he was on his hands and knees staring at the ground. Taiya, Joey and Tristan remained silent…watching him as I did—observing his every move. He still had that hostile look in his eyes—the eyes of a heartless enemy. He wasn’t gone though—I couldn’t give up that easily.

***************************************************

Atticus looked over his shoulder watching—his body leaned tightly leaning against the tree as it hid himself from view of the others. He stared wide eyed at Seto Kaiba…one of the most powerful people in the world…when he had shape-shifted from the golden wolf to the young bachelor he was.

“Golden boy?” he said…unbelieving what he had just seen. Seto was leaning heavily on the ground…his eyes a wild blue. He reminded Atticus of a murderer. To him Seto Kaiba was dead—gone—lost by his own insanity.

Hope hugged herself tightly as she stared at him, oblivious to the shot wound that had been bothering her earlier. His stared stunned at her right arm…the wound was nearly healed.

****************************************************

“Seto…” I said softly, “do you remember me…remember Mocuba?”

His fists tightened on the ground. He was on his feet and he tried to throw me to the ground. I whirled around him—and my feet slipped against his and suddenly I was on the ground.