Issue #27...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

It's a good thing I have most of this wrote already, because if I had to do more than edit and add a few scenes, I don't know when I would find the time!!! o____o Thank you guys for all your support!! It really means alot to me that all of you look forward to reading my story, and yes I know I've thanked you a few times already but I'm just so happy you are enjoying it

[ Previously in Issue #26….]

The Shadow Creatures had gathered around her home, injuring Seto, and neither of them would have made it out alive had it not been for the appearance of Roran, who ultimately saved Kaiba, although he had still been injured severely in the fight. The shadow creatures disappeared, having been defeated. Hope was injured as well, but with the appearance of a strange tattoo of wings on her lower back, the wound had mostly healed, and the tattoo disappeared leaving her with more questions than answers. She went to treat Seto’s wound, seeing he had scars running up and down his body, one particularly bad one on his collarbone and neck. She asked, but both Mocuba and Seto did not reply, both of them frustrated she had brought it up. She let it go for the moment, wondering when he’d be ready to tell her. Soon it was morning, and now they are trying to organize strategies for defeating the shadow creatures.

*********************************

We came to the conclusion that the monsters could be destroyed by Duel Monsters Cards and I immediately made it Yugi’s goal to teach Breanna could play the game.

                “Are you sure you want me to teach her? You are her best friend after all,”

                I shook my head, “No I could think of anyone better to teach her about the Heart of the Cards than you.” He seemed flattered and it wasn’t very long before I heard them talking and discussing the game. I walked out into the living room where they were.

                “Please,” I could hear Kaiba scoff, “Duel Monsters is a game, don’t you think you need one of the all time champs, the one that doesn’t ramble on about the Heart of the Cards.”

“Don’t act like you want to teach her,” I replied and he didn’t answer. I knew he didn’t have the patience.

“So you guys have been playing a game to save the world?” Breanna concluded—confused as I had been at first.

                “It’s not an ordinary game—in this game you can live or die.” Roran said calmly turning to go get in the shower with a towel thrown across his shoulders. I could feel her grow tense as he mentioned the game could result in life or death.

                “Really?” she whispered—as she crossed her arms and stared at the ground. This was all getting to her—the story was starting to sink in that saving the world wasn’t a blast—that you could die here. She was asking herself if this really was a reality.

                “Really.” I answered calmly, “You know that you have a choice Breanna—you can go, if you stay—that’s when your trip really begins. Life or death could become your own reality.” Roran paused, looking at me wearily with his electric yellow eyes, knowing every word I said was true.

                Breanna ignored my option of letting her leave. “So you do this in vain, right? You want to win the game, but you still feel bad about the people you hurt right?” My eyes grew softer—she wanted to know if we actually cared about all of the people that lost the game.

                “What runs on through my mind when I’m dueling is—I know that they made their choice—I know I can’t choose who lives or dies—but I do now I have the right to defend myself.” I answered her. “If they come after me, they’re asking for it.”