Issue #30...a Yugioh Fan Fiction.

Had time to glance over papers and edit. :D

Quick reminder, Joey, Tristan, and Taiya are still separated from the group, Roran and Breanna are resting, and Seto's still M.I.A while Hope and Yugi are looking for medicine for Roran, not to mention half the group.

************************************************

                I walked through the town…looking for someone…anybody that could possibly help us with this. The sky was bright and blinding in the afternoon—reflecting off the concrete and right into my eyes—making me have to tightly close my eyes. My stupid migraine had made another opening appearance. Figures.

                “Something wrong?” Yugi asked—staring at me.

                “No not really—it’s just my eyes are sensitive to too much light. It’s just bothering me—that’s all.” He glanced at me…as if wondering if this was true, or if it was my headache flaring up again.  I wasn’t going to tell him it was both.

                “Hey did you see that?” Yugi asked coming to a stop…I stopped next to him as soon as I heard his footsteps slow.

                “Come on—are you seriously making fun of me? I told you I’m being blinded over here—I can’t see any—”

                “It’s a guy—” Yugi interrupted, “maybe he can help us with Roran.” he said and walked up to a figure. I could see the outline of him. The guy was tall and lightly tan—with a face that looked like he hadn’t shaved in a couple of days. He looked like he could lead a rebellion—he was dressed in camouflage pants and a brown vest over top a gray shirt.

                “Hey—we are wondering if you could help us.”

                “I’m not sure if I could be too much help for you mate, unless you need a pair of sunglasses.” He said acknowledging me—“There’s a spare pair in the compartment in my jeep.”

                “Oh thanks.” I said embarrassed as he pointed to his black dirty jeep.

“Do I dare ask if you have a headache or a hangover?” The stranger asked as I leaned inside the car and flipped open a compartment.

“Just a migraine,” I mused. There were glasses—right next to a gun. I took the black sunglasses and slipped them onto my face before I even saw the pistol that was right next to my fingers.

                Let’s hope that’s his only gun.  I thought slamming the compartment with the pistol inside. And let’s hope he’s never needed to use it.

                “Thanks for the help;” I said walking out and leaning against his jeep while Yugi had already started talking to him about Taiya, Tristan, Joey or any of our friends.

                “Uh-huh…sorry I’m not much help about you finding your friends, mate. I’m here mostly on business—but the group that hired me haven’t even bothered to show up.”

                “Hired you?” Yugi questioned.

                “Yeah—I’m a mechanic. I’ve been here for over an hour and it’s like whoever hired me hightailed it and took off. Talk about a wasted trip.” He muttered, grabbing a bag and tossing it into his jeep.

                He continued on, “You guys seemed like you’re not from around here—and that means I would recommend you two don’t stick around—if I were you—I’d be out of here as soon as possible. Got any ideas of how to get to route 1-90? I’ve got another job in an hour to take care of.” We shook our heads.