Issue #38...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

I got into the school and found Seto sitting in the senior hallway with a Stephen King book in hand. Already his scratch from the previous day had healed, though to many people it’d just look like his soft brown head of hair was concealing it.

He was sitting right next to my locker as I placed my bag in the small space and closed it softly. Seto wasn’t wearing his regular white sleeveless jacket and black turtle neck—like he used to always wear. He was still wearing the turtle neck to cover his scar, but also light blue jeans with work boots. I couldn’t complain though—my appearance in clothes had changed because of the warm weather. Right now I was wearing a light blue blouse, a thin black jacket with dark blue shorts and sandals.

Seto pretended to be oblivious to me—a small smirk on his face as I read over his shoulder. I knelt down and was leaning right next to his face when I saw the book he was reading was The Talisman.

            “That’s a good book you know.” I commented.

            “I know,” He said, his blue gaze turning from the pages to me, “That’s why I’m reading it.”

            I blushed, “Sorry, it’s just…that book is one of my favorites. It has a great storyline—I love it—I read it in about two to three days. When did you start it?”

            “Its fine—I started it last night. Stephen King is one of my favorite writers in this world.” He said, closing the book with a black ribbon and looked up at me. Seto’s face turned from amusement to concern as he stared at me.

            “Are you feeling alright?” He asked.

            We weren’t in danger of dying or anything.  “Yeah—why?” I asked curiously.

            “You look exhausted—”

            I grew agitated—I hoped I didn’t look that bad—only my dreams were what stunted my sleep last night. “Seto—I feel fine—I just didn’t sleep well is all.”

            Someone walked past us and then the hall was silent again—most seniors were eating breakfast in the cafeteria. They turned—and headed towards there. We were alone again.

            Seto spoke—his voice a low whisper. “It wasn’t another of your dreams was it?”

            He had known about them, since I had told him about it a few weeks ago when he had asked me why I had been so tired back then as well. I glanced away—imagining his wolf form—lying dead on the gymnasium. The thought made me sick. Weeks before I met my wolf spirit, Seto, or any of his friends, I had been having visions. Most of them involved Seto and Yugi.

“I don’t particularly want to talk about it.” I admitted. “It wasn’t a vision though.” I said. It would not be a vision, because I would never let that become a reality.

Seto would not die.

“Can I ask why you even have visions? I remember when you had told me that you knew about Yugi’s alter ego obliterating my dark side. I had never even said anything about it till you mentioned it.” He muttered

“I don’t understand it either.” I admitted. “It always seems like I’m not able to act on what’s happening in my visions. It’s just like…watching TV…I can’t control it, though for the most part what I see is only the past.”

“And this dream, you’re sure it wasn’t a vision?”

I nodded in response.

            “Alright just try to forget it then, you’re going to get none of your last projects done distracted. Do you need help with studying for our math finals?”