Issue #5...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

I ran head first into the crowd, tackling the person as Yugi, Joey and Tristan leapt over the body. I felt Tea clinging onto the duel disk and then onto my soft fur.

If life was a test then my exam had only begun. I stepped sharply around a bend; my feet grew faster and I could feel Yugi stretching out his legs started to fall behind. I covered as much distance as possible between us and the Oracalcos Group. I ran about seven city blocks before I slowed my speed. Swiftly I turned a corner and I sat down, allowing Tea off my back.

They turned the corner with me and slid to a stop. Tristan put his hands on his knees; I could sense his aching head from here. I sat; panting as I could see the sweat off everyone else.

"Are we being followed?" Tristan asked and I shook my head and sniffed the air, "No" Suddenly everyone was as startled as I was; I could speak in wolf form.

After a few awkward moments to pass, Joey asked, "Who are you?" I shook my head in amazement;

"Thought you would know by now; who else could it be that you know? Certainly not Seto or Mokuba who left the hospital today; not much earlier than me today—"

"Hope!?" Tea asked astonished. I nodded impatiently.

"How can you—" Yugi began; I shook my head as I responded, "You're asking me something I don't know. Maybe it's that bracelet I have; I wasn't running around on all fours before that. I wasn't able to sense the group of thirty people earlier because I was too busy trying to get that knife out of that dueler's hands—" Then I sat down.

"Thank you for that." Yugi said with a small grin.

I nodded, "Yep no problem," Suddenly a thought occured; "We have to get to Kaiba Corp. Seto has a safe place there for you and myself. We were attacked earlier today; Mokuba was held captive by an old 'friend' of my inner spirit Entrez."

"Entrez," Yugi questioned, looking at me, "Is she the spirit inside your bracelet?" I gave him a brief nod in response.

Tea asked about the Kaiba brothers, "Is Mokuba okay?" I nodded to her; "Yes, he's okay; almost had a five inch piece of glass thrust into his chest; but he's okay."

"If Kaiba has a safe place for us; what about my grandfather—"

"What about our parents—you cannot expect us to sit around—they don't even know how to defend themselves." Tristan said.

I answered him, "Yugi's grandfather is safe I checked on him myself—as far as your parents; they should be fine;"

Yugi nodded in agreement, "They know nothing about Shadow Realms or Duel Monsters. However they might know how to defend themselves—Oracalcos isn't using just cards anymore."

Tristan replied; wiping smeared blood on his arm; "They must realize they cannot just duel this time—we're too good for that;" I shuddered; my deeper memories remembering the sound as the bullet crushed into Seto's shoulder. They aren't just using cards anymore...

During the conversation my shoulder still ached from the glass wound, the dried blood stuck to my white fur. Ignoring the throbbing sensation, I rose; "Come on let's go to Kaiba Corp."

*******************************************************************

It was dark as Yugi led the way to Kaiba Corp. I kept close behind Tea; who was moving better on her ankle. Joey watched Tristan; who was practically his brother walk along silently his head aching in motion to every step we'd take.