Issue #16...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

I sucked in a breath as my leg brushed into Joey’s side, my right thigh trembled, there was an inch wide splinter wedged in the side—my jacket—tied around my waist had helped cover it, and I had still been in shock from crashing into the lake, now I felt it, each splinter, but suddenly it didn’t seem so numb any more.

“Are you okay?” I heard a deep voice behind me.

“Here let’s get you sat down,” Tristan decided while he and Joey slowed setting me down on a bench out in the hall.

Unable to give an answer without crying out in pain. I clenched my teeth together and untied my jacket, gripping it tightly to hold back my cries as I saw how bad my leg looked, the splinter protruding from it about five inches.

Seto’s eyes widened when he saw it, along with the others. Taiya covered her mouth with the palm of her hand, “You need a doctor,” She claimed. 

I shook my head, “I can’t…if I went to a hospital now, Oracalcos would just realize I’m alive.” I wrapped my hand around the stick and pulled, tears forming from my eyes. 

“I—I can’t get it out.” I choked. Seto handed Mocuba Yugi’s duel disk, while his eyes narrowed as he walked forward, his steel blue eyes locked on mine. Seto linked his hands around the splinter, grabbing the splintered shard, pulling it straight out.

The scream I had been holding back came forth and I gripped Joey’s or Tristan’s hand tightly I wasn’t sure whose. Moments later, I heard Joey crying out in pain beside me.

I released my hand and he pulled his back, massaging it. I gasped, sitting there for a minute as the blood flowed out of my leg, pooling into the hallway.

“Thank you,” I managed after controlling my gasps of pain. After a few moments when I didn’t feel I was going to hurl, I went to stand but before I even got the chance Seto tucked his arm beneath my knees, yanking me into his arms. I yelped in surprise.

Joey raised a fist to Kaiba, “Hey watch it—you’re hurting her!”

Seto scoffed. “Shut up Wheeler.” Then he began walking down the hall, his feet falling softly on the floor as I closed my eyes while the rocking motion of him moving began to put me to sleep. I heard an extra padding of feet as Mocuba followed.

As we made it back into the building Roran chose to stay up on the roof, where he wasn’t being bothered by anyone. I went into Seto’s bedroom, which was a rich blue, whites and blacks, while Yugi and the others went back to their own rooms. 

*******************************************************************

“Mocuba?” Kaiba asked softly and his brother looked at him admiringly.

His purple eyes shined, “Yes Seto?”

“Can you take off for a couple of minutes, I need to get a closer look at her injury.” Kaiba addressed and Mocuba nodded.

Once the door closed I felt the bed rustle as he sat down on the sheets where he had set me moments before. I opened my eyes regarding him carefully.

“Yes?” I asked.

“I need to look at your leg, without your jeans in the way.”

My eyes widened, “You can’t be serious.” He wanted me to take off my pants, with him right there. I began blushing fiercely, feeling like a fool. I hated blushing, it made me feel weak and vulnerable.

“You didn’t even buy me dinner first,” I joked, even though Seto had given me food, and a place to call home. 

As I said this, I actually managed to get a smirk out of the infamous Seto Kaiba. The Seto, that everyone, except Mocuba claims is emotionless. If this is the case, why do I keep getting him to smile?