Issue #6...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

"What is she doing!?" Yugi said with a snarl and pounded on the closed elevator door. "Is she insane!? She's going to get sent to the Shadow Realm!"

Seto was leaning against the edge of a counter; he said calmly; "She can take care of herself."

Tristan spoke this time, "What makes you so certain? You hardly know her!" Mokuba walked out holding a duel disk in his hands.

Kaiba's eyes narrowed, "Who do you think saved me and my brother from those Oracalcos losers?" Yugi looked at Seto Kaiba in surprise, it was a rare thing for him to accept help.

Mokuba said, "None of us really know her Tristan; but she saved me and my big brother; that's good enough of a reason for me."

He handed Seto Kaiba the duel disk as he snapped it on Joey noticed blank cards on them, "Where did you get those?"

Kaiba shrugged, "These are some of my usual cards and some new ones I recently acquired; Wheeler. Don't expect to find these at a regular game shop."

"Hope has some just like them; I saw them on her duel disk when I was holding onto it so I wasn't falling off her back." Tea said; and Kaiba gave her a look.

"You rode her? I thought she had more pride than that." He scoffed.

Tea turned many shades of red; "She told me to; I sprung my ankle and she didn't think I'd be able to go very fast on foot."

Yugi turned the attention to Tristan, "He needs a doctor;"

Seto nodded; "Hospitals in Battle City aren't safe. I have a doctor—well he has vet experience as well—for Hope in case she tore open her shoulder again from that glass we pulled out of her. I suppose the doctor has a specialty in working on monkey's with concussions as well."

Tristan—in too much pain to comment on Kaiba's joke; went to floor seven where he was to ask for Dr. Hasten.

"There is something weird about these cards;" Seto continued as Tristan left the room. He looked at Yugi who had taken out some of his new cards.

"It feels as if...they're breathing. I can feel them move in my hands. My regular cards I have control over—I can still feel it though—" He glanced down at some of his regular and newly mixed cards. "I felt it too when I was dueling Oracalcos; I thought it was just the heart of the cards. I haven't dueled since Pharaoh left and I just assumed that is what it felt like to feel them. When I was dueling with Pharaoh; I just knew they were there I didn't need to feel them there; but now..." He eyed the cards in his hands. Seto put away almost all of his cards except his blue eyes white dragon. He held it in his hands and stared at it; as if he felt its power running through his veins.

The blank cards had contaminated the whole deck, making it to where he could feel the power in each and every card.

"What has Oracalcos done?" Tea said as she and Joey picked up their new cards and eyed them as they felt their hands being massaged by the card's beating hearts.

*******************************************************************

Every single fleeting step took me much closer to Grandpa Moto's place. I had to know what he knew about the wolf inside me. I wouldn't have left earlier; but none of my friends were safe as far as I knew; so I had left—their fate was too much on my consciousness.

I came to a sliding stop outside Mr. Moto's window. His back was turned and that was good it gave me time to think...Should I stay in my wolf form? The thought was apparent it had its flaws. I smelt no present intruder in the place and only he was in there. He acted like he knew something about me...but how much?