Issue #47...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

******************************************************

 “Ms. Young….” I heard someone politely say, and began nudging me.

My eyes opened as I refocused, noticing I was staring at white hospital sheets where my head rested next to Seto. I raised my head, looking carefully to Dr. Alpine, I mean Ethan.

“Huh?” I asked carefully, curious as to what this man wanted.

He gave a closed eyed smile. A nurse was next to him and sat a plate down on the table walking out of the room. “I did bring you some food Ms. Young, along with your medicine.”

I frowned remembering Sawyer earlier commenting about him lacing the food with drugs. It looks pretty promising though. It was a sandwich. If he did lace it with anything I should be able to tell. Right?

“Thanks.” I said taking the plate of food. “Have you seen Mocuba by any chance?”

“Oh yes, he was the one that told me where to find you.” I discreetly peeked at my sandwich, making sure there were no pills in between.

“Well I guess I was pretty out of it.” I admitted. “It’s been a long day. Thanks Ethan for the sandwich.”

“No problem dear, now here is your medicine.” He had taken out a small cup filled with pills and I frowned. My side was burning with pain, the medicine they given to stitch me up had completely worn off.

“No thanks.” I said and he frowned.

“Why not, Ms. Young?”

“I’m sorry.” I said turning my gaze from him to Seto. “I just can’t take anything right now that’s going to knock me out.”

“This shouldn’t make you too tired.” He said, looking at me earnestly.

I sighed, “One thing you’ll learn about me Ethan, is I have trust issues. The only way I would maybe take those pills was if you took them yourself and didn’t drop dead. But you can’t take them because you don’t need them.”

His eyes narrowed, “So you’re not going to take anything?”

“Sorry not from you.” I admitted, “I might run out to town later and get something myself.” I’m sure that I could go to a store and pick up some aspirin.

“So that’s it then? You just want to make sure that the medicine you’re getting is what I say it is?”

“Yes.”

“Alright then.” He opened his black binder and began scribbling away fiercely. He tore out a sheet of paper. “Here. Take this down to the Pharmacy at the corner, next to the clothing store. It will be exactly what I was going to give you, but it’ll be a lower milligram. Its side effects will make you a little sleepy but you shouldn’t fall asleep from it, especially if your metabolism is as fast as you say it is.”

I took the piece of paper, “Thanks?”

His gaze hardened, “Ms. Young. I will make the exception of you leaving this hospital, but only because I know you’ll be back here to check on him. Speaking of checking on things, can I see your stitches and how they’re faring? Just come sit over here please?” He tapped a chair closer to a fluorescent light. I sighed and sat down. He lifted my shirt and I wearily hissed as the fabric grazed the threads.

“I’m sorry dear.” He said, taking out a small flashlight, shining it onto my stitches. He took out a salve and began gently pressing into it. At first it burned, but then cooled my skin, it felt amazing. I might not even have to run out to get any medicine. Not having any medicine at all though may be a bad idea if Bakura shows up.