Issue #20...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Looks like this is the beginning of the end everybody...of Part One anyways...by the way, theres a video I created for the book, watch if you feel like it, and tell me what you think. Enjoy the story. :D

I followed Shadow to the City Island. It wasn’t even a city it was more abandoned than anything else. There was dank alleyways, and the moon casting shadows on the water. It was the dusk before the dawn. I swam there, as I shook out my fur—and I looked around the area sniffing the air intently. I had found the island by tracking down Shadows trail—I should have been able to sense him by now. I caught the scent of the air and I raised my head to see a large dock—a pier—that extended above me at least three stories. It was old and worn down wood, but it would support two wolves. I was counting on it.

Shadow stared down at me his large crimson eyes lowered at mine like I was some kind of deer that had been set into a corner where all he had to do was jump and make the final dive for my throat. I glared back at him—I wasn’t afraid of some possessed wolf.

I dealt with you in Entrez’s realm. Here with be different—but let’s hope it results in the same effect.I thought and turned my back on him; finding the stairs that led to the top of the pier.

I trotted up the steps and found Shadow waiting his duel disk on his back flipped open and ready.

“You’re here early,” He confirmed when I shook myself dry and stared at him; my tail swishing gently in the wind. He panted heavily, his tongue lolling and mist spilling around his fangs and into the air.

“What did you expect?” Hastily I replied as we began to circle each other. “So are we going to do this or simply chat?”

He talked anyways ignoring; my question. “I’m surprised you had your little pack of friends stay behind. Don’t want the same effect as last time when I came to visit your friends?”

I growled at him, “You know that they always say…keep your friends close and your enemies closer, Shadow. Maybe they say that so I can take you down easier.” He huffed in response the mist sinking into the lighter sky. The sun wasn’t even up yet—but the sky was growing a lighter shade.

“What is it sinking in!? You killed Seto in your own way of trying to make sure that nobody got hurt—to save one that you cared less for than Kaiba! THIS IS YOUR FAULT—so you take it out on me! I live on your anger and I thrive on your blood, so if you want to fight—bring it on.” he said darkly.

“This is hardly my fault!!” I said at him. “And there is a chance for Seto—”

“There is no chance for him—you should know that.” He said with a smug smile.

“My chance is to defeat you—don’t think I forgot that—”

“Then you better do it fast; Hope because last time I checked—he’s bleeding as we speak. I doubt that he’ll heal on his own. Even if you bring him back—who’s to say you’ll still save him—he’s a goner—remember the scent of his blood—it’s the last memory you’ll have of him.”

“I doubt that. It’s my move,” I snapped at him as I allowed my spirit to draw my first card. I reminded myself that I could only equip cards to me—I couldn’t place other monsters on the field because they’d be singled out by themselves—this was a one on one duel. I had to wait until it was right to win this—until Entrez said I’d know absolutely what to do.

Suddenly our duel disks began to glow—showing that I had 2000 attack points and so did Shadow—we were evenly matched—for now. My blue eyes white dragon was my trick and I’m sure Shadow had a few of his own. It was then I realized our Lifepoints weren’t set for 4000—they were our 2000 attack points. To make this shorter…that could be really good…or really bad.