Issue #2...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

My day had been exhausting in the end. Sweat had ran down my forehead when I had came in and headed for the shower. The day had been gruesome; the air was so humid you could feel the moisture in it like liquid heat.

By the time I was done in the shower it was almost nightfall. My head pounded inside me; throbbing like rhythmic music. I found myself lost in thought of how beautiful it looked outside as I looked at the sunset ray's beaming down on my bedroom window. It looked peaceful enough; and Mom went out for groceries and wouldn't be home for at least an hour. Dad was at work and both of my sisters had moved out years ago.

I smiled; it would be great to get some fresh cool air against my face; besides, my head pounded like a rock so it would feel pleasant against my skin. I stood up, sliding on some denim shorts and a t-shirt. Before I left I turned to look at my nightstand, and I saw the pocketknife my father I had been given laying next to it. Its blade was only 3 inches long, and the handle looked as if it had been taken straight off a tree in the woods, the bark still woven into it. I tucked it in my pocket, it was my good luck charm after all.

The moon had come out before the sun had even set, beating coolly against my skin as I walked outside. The smell of a light rain filled the air with a soothing breeze against my skin. It was silent and there were no nearby interruptions of cars.

The smell of pine and moss helped clear my mind as I walked calmly through the woods. The sky had cleared enough and was going to be light enough to see for a little while.Maybe for a couple an hour of so before the surrounding rain clouds drifted over the sun and would begin to rain, but it was nice and clear for now.

I walked a quarter of a mile before at the edge of a cornfield there was a boulder with trees surrounding all sides of the field—with the exception of enough room for maybe a tractor could squeeze through—a path that led back to the house and that was the path I had walked to journey back there.

The boulder was on the edge of the path and on the edge of the large deciduous and coniferous trees. It laid underneath the darkened shade of a large tree.

The early summer breeze drifted towards me; helping my head a lot. I walked over towards the rocks and sat underneath the trees the cool shade beating lightly against my tan skin.

Deer grazed quietly on the edge of the cornfield; eating lightly at the weeds that had begun to grow next to the stalks. The wind shifted lightly as my scent of lilac shampoo drifted over towards them. They lifted their heads worriedly. I froze, pretending to be invisible in hopes of not scaring the creatures away; the deer began grazing again once they realized I wasn't much of a threat and ignored my presence.

Then again, ignoring me might not have been the best idea. Deer had the common habit of being afraid of mankind. I didn't blame them, the hunters used the deer's antlers, meat, and their fur. From my opinion, they tasted good to eat too, but I wasn't much of a hunter myself.

Plus, comparing myself to my dreams at the moment I was more of the deer than the hunter, I sighed, that didn't matter though. I didn't care where I was or who I was at that very moment; all I knew it was quiet for my headache and cool for my fever. It felt so peaceful...I thought through closed eyelids.

When I opened my eyes again the wind had shifted; the clouds had drifted over the sky and it appeared it was going to rain. Wind came from the southern edge of the woods and the deer raised their heads; alarmed as the breeze drifted over them and thunder rumbled in the distance. They stiffened; sniffing the air, as they turned and ran; bounding into the northern edge of the woods. I laughed relaxed while sitting on the boulder, the deer were afraid of the wind. Or so I thought.

A long howl erupted from the south wind, quieting my laughter; as my body froze as the howling stopped. It was too quiet; the birds had stopped chirping as the wind blew lightly against the branches of the trees silently in the woods—which only two seconds ago didn't feel as eerie as it did now. My stomach clenched together, freezing in some icy fear, what had I been thinking of going to the woods after a dream like that, granted I had been out on our property thousands of times but still.