Issue #19...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

They had Hope laid out on her blankets. Her head was soaked with sweat; Taiya laid the towel across her head. Yugi looked at Taiya who glanced at him with a look of worry. He knew then that there was no more waiting. He walked over to Kaiba who was sitting in the chair—leaning forward intently—waiting for her eyes to open. Mocuba was waiting next to him—his brother’s duel disk in hand.

“We have to go—the tournament is waiting—if you want to take down Shadow you can’t do it sitting in here.” Yugi said bowing his head and readjusting his duel disk.

Kaiba stood up and placed three cards on the desk next to Hope. His fingers pulled away to reveal the Blue Eyes White Dragons.

“Come on—I am not going to need those cards where I’m going. We still have two more days of this crap. Mocuba—let’s go.” He said and strode to the door. Mocuba followed him. Yugi glanced back at the cards and at Kaiba as he walked off. Silently he followed him.

He understood Seto Kaiba’s pain—it all came from Hope—who was so willingly to seek Shadow out and kill him—even if it meant killing herself. His grandfather was sent to the Shadow Realm—he would do anything now if that wasn’t true. Yugi felt the same about this situation—he would do anything if it meant this wasn’t true.

*******************************************************************

I sat up out from underneath a large palm tree. I saw a large white wolf staring at me with the corner of her eyes. She sat out on the shore; gazing back thoughtfully out into space as water splashed gently against the shores. I knew I was unconscious—well I hope so—people that get attacked by dragons don’t just magically end up somewhere tropical. And normally they don’t just go unconscious either. Wait, was this normal?

“Entrez—” I whispered so softly I could hear barely hear myself. Her head tipped towards mine and her eyes flicked in recognition as if to say to follow.

I stood up to follow and I stared amazed at my right wrist—the bracelet was gone—vanished. I stared wide eyed at it—were we that close now to where I didn’t need to wear it anymore?

“You’re in my realm; there’s no need for your Vicinity Bracelet here. Don’t expect it often.” She said as if reading my mind…I walked alongside her.

“Where are we headed?” I asked.

She looked at me again with my elegant blue eyes, “To face yourself. You need to understand what this will take to win.”

My face became pale, “What more could I take? I’m willing to give up my life.”

“There is other lives as well; don’t forget—and don’t be reckless.” She huffed as I reached down out of curiosity and began to pet her fur. It felt like soft silk against my fingertips.

“So what—am I going to die?” I asked softly. “I think not.” Entrez answered. Her feet shifted through the ground as she came to a stop and looked at me.

“You will feel like you could die…all people feel this—now you understand why Kaiba is reluctant to discuss his trips to the Shadow Realm. He felt the pain you felt as you were dieing in front of him. You dodged the Shadow Realm by a heartbeat—Kaiba did good timing on attacking you when he did. Otherwise you’d still be in pain. But his pain—his guilt is much stronger than I expected, even with your connection to the blue eyes. He doesn’t think you’ll make it.”

“I will right?” I asked calmly, “You know that I need to—we need to—stop Shadow. It’s the right thing to do.”

“I know—I won’t leave your side—you’ll feel everything I feel. You will know everything I know. It will be overwhelming—but you’ll ignore it if you want to win this.”