Issue #4...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

I was ready to scream as the phone recorder said all too cheerfully...

The person you have attempted to reach isn't available at this time Please leave a message after the tone....Beep....

My heart quickened as I relayed the message that was swimming inside my head, "Get out there Yugi! Oracalcos is back—like Seto said. Yugi—get Joey and Tristan and Tea to a safe—"

The voice mail beeped; signaling the end of my message. I snarled in frustration; startling Mokuba next to me.

I grabbed my jacket next to a chair. The chair fell to the ground, my edginess got worked up deep into my veins and tugged at my soul as I felt my inner anger burn.

"Where are you going?" Mokuba said anxiously.

As instincts took over, so did an inner voice that almost took over, "I'm going to fight by their side. They're in trouble; where I used to live—a person wouldn't leave their phone alone unless they were dead. Tell me where he lives—I need his address."

I didn't quite understand why my need to protect them was so ridiculously strong. I've never had such strong emotions except when it came to my true friends, the ones I would die for, the ones I'd take a bullet for. Maybe in under a day Yugi managed to befriend me after all.

Mokuba told me the address and I was off ignoring the shrinking pain in my shoulder. The doc treated it with antibiotics—thanks to Seto, but was almost reluctant to leave me without stitches. He only left when Seto threatened cutting back funding.

Seto Kaiba himself was getting prepared to leave, it was no longer safe to stay in the hospital. He had went and changed into his regular clothes before the doctor even arrived.

"I'll be at Kaiba Corp, meet  me there after you've found the Geek Squad." He said boredly.

I knew he didn't think too highly of Yugi and the others but I ignored him. "How will I know where Kaiba Corp is?" I asked.

I felt someone pull on my sleeve. I looked down to meet Mokuba's gaze, "Yugi or Tea will show you." He said and I nodded.

I began to head out the door, "Right thanks."

"Just don't hurt yourself, I don't feel like having to pay another bill for this place." Seto said, and I wasn't sure if he was insulting me or remotely concerned.

"Ok, thanks Seto."  I said, shutting the door, then breaking out into a full run.

I could feel every muscle in my body pounding against the cement. I ran around dipping into alleys and not breaking my stride I felt my muscles twitch as I merged into a wolf, the moonlight pounding down on my skin.

Sprinting across the streets, dodging cars and dashing around a few street people along the way; I could feel fear blazing in them as they saw me charging at them; not even slowing down to show I wasn't a threat. Some of them actually swerved out of the way so I didn't run them over. As they lunged out of the way I heard cries shouting,

"Oh my god—it's a freakin' wolf!! Run—stay out of its way!!!"

Normally I would have been insulted by being called 'it' but I was too anxious to care what they called me. Quickly, my pace came to a sliding stop as I seen Yugi's house...his grandfather's store in the first floor of the building. This was one of the places in my dreams. I glanced up and saw a window shattered on the top floor—causing me to go in wearily; fear for what would happen next boiling inside me like a hot potato.

I walked in cautiously; the tension rising in my legs ready to attack if necessary. A low groan caused me to jump turning swiftly around whipping my tail and teeth bared; my eyes gleaming like ice.