Issue #3...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

I groaned. Hospital beds didn't do me justice. My eyes fluttered open to see Yugi Moto sitting next to my bed staring at me soon as he heard me move. He seemed relieved.

"Is this...real?"

He appeared concerned, "You were in an accident, how are you feeling?" 

"Okay I guess?" I was so confused, "I had a dream, you were there..." I said doing my best not to strain as I sat upright on the bed.

His eyes became interested, "Really; maybe it was after I saved you."

I grew curious, wasn't I dreaming now? "Saved me?"

Then it all came back at me, my forgotten memories suddenly lodged in my head like a rock. Or a bullet...I shuddered at the thought. He hadn't shot me though, someone shot him.

Seto Kaiba brought down the man that had tried to bring him down.

"Well, I don't know if I'd exactly say saved," Yugi said with a nervous laugh, "Actually it was more of the man with you that saved you, we just called the ambulance."

My eyes widened a bit, remembering....

I had latched onto one of the men's arms, my fangs digging deep below the skin as the taste of coppery blood filled my mouth.

Oh my god...what was I?

Then there was the man, who had been shot, the one who I had tried to save.

I demanded an answer, "That man! Is he gonna be okay?"

He had seen what I had done, he knew what I could do. I had tried to kill a man in front of them. If he was okay, then he would have been awake by now, and I'm certain he would have called everyone he knew to tell them I was a monster. So either he was unconscious or he was dead...

"Oh you mean Seto Kaiba? Yeah, he's going to be okay." He said and gave me a small smile.

I tried to get out of the bed.

"Hey wait," His eyes widened as my feet touched the cold hospital floor. "You shouldn't move yet!"

I had to get out of here, I thought anxiously. I had to get moving, so I stood up.

Then sat right back down, the world spinning around me, nearly causing me to faint.

I sighed, grasping the edge of the bed in defeat. "Maybe you're right." Once Seto Kaiba was awake, then I would run.

"We were at my house when Kaiba busted in with you in his arms. He won't tell us what happened either, not in a clear way anyways. He said he must've hit his head or something."

My eyes widened in surprise, so he was awake and he hadn't told them? Why? Was there some alterior motive for him not saying anything, or had he actually hit his head?

"So...what exactly happened out there?" Yugi asked.

"I'm not exactly sure," I said, unsure of how to have explained it to him anyways. "I must've hit my head too."

*******************************************************************

Hope found it hard to rest that day. Yugi kept asking her pounding questions about herself; for which she held no good or reasonable answer for.

She claimed she couldn't remember, but that was not the truth. She wanted to be out of the hospital; the sooner the better in her eyes.

Werewolves weren't probably easy to identify but she was sure her blood samples would contain wolf DNA, maybe not before becoming one with the white wolf, but definitely after. And she felt no desire to wait around to explain. She hadn't spoke a word to Yugi about it; too risky for anyone else to know.