Issue #44...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Author's Note: Because there's so many things that goes on in the next few chapters, instead of having a long Issue #44 I split it off into issues 44 & 45. As always I hope you enjoy. ;)

            Our journey had officially started around five hours ago. Sawyer had taken the Impala, my impala, so no one had to put up with him for five hours in the car, plus no one was comfortable with him riding in the same car as Breanna even if he lost his bloodlust. I did warn him not so much as scratch would be on my baby, or he would regret the very day he was born. Seto was pleased I had taken so well to my car, when he had first gotten it for me, he wasn’t even sure if I would like it or not. What he didn’t realize was not only did I like it because it was an Impala, but I liked it because it was from him.

Now Seto had the windows rolled down, the breeze soothing my skin, as the sun beamed down against it. I had taken medicine when we had gotten in the car. It had finally begun to kick in, so now I was feeling better than before, plus the rest had helped. The wind ruffled my hair, tossing it around from the wind. I smiled, even though we were on the run from Trackers, we were still free. Nothing seemed to be able to take that away.

            The sun was settled in the west, but it would be a few hours before nightfall. “So where do you think we should settle in for the night?” Seto asked, his gaze flicking from the road to me.

            I gave a smile…I knew just the place.

********************************************************

“This is awesome!” Breanna cheered, walking along the edge of the lakeshore where we were parked. There was nothing but snowflake white pebbles and sand along the shoreline. I could see the Mackinaw Bridge, one of the few places that divided humanity and the wild, in the distance. Most of the cities was on this side of the bridge, after you got into the U.P. it was mostly wilderness. It would be more in our element to deal with the Trackers and Bakura there, it was so close, and it could wait till morning—besides they had no idea where we were headed. It should take them at least a day to figure it out.

Roran smiled at Breanna’s enthusiasm, removing his helmet and tossing it off to the side. He grabbed her and tossed her into the water. She squealed, the water was freezing.

He laughed at her, dripping wet, and fresh water seaweed had gotten entangled in her hair.

“You damn fox!” Breanna hollered, she rarely got this mad, “Let’s see how you like getting soaked!” She grabbed him by his black trenchcoat and threw him in. She slipped on the rocks and he fell on top of her. She sat up out of the water, sputtering mad.

In response he chuckled, not really caring.

I saw an old tree, the bark had peeled away on it to leave a bone white color. It’s roots interwoven into the rocks. That had been here since the last time I remembered as well. I walked up to it, and ran my hand down its smooth surface. It was beautiful.

Seto looked at me, closing his eyes with a smug grin, “How’d you even know about this place anyways?”

            I turned from leaning up against the tree tiredly. I gave a soft smile, “I came here when I was a little girl. It’s just like I remember it.”

            “Some things just never change.” Seto commented, walking up alongside me.

            I smiled in return, watching as Breanna and Roran teamed up to toss Sawyer in the water. With a loud splash he landed face first into Lake Michigan. Sawyer gave a low growl, “Don’t do that again you morons! I could have killed you!”