Issue #17...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

It was the next morning the sun shone brightly through the windows. I groaned and rolled over, hugging the thing closest to me, I opened my eyes when I felt the object I was hugging began to move. I was a bit surprised when I saw Seto staring back at me.

“Well this is awkward, I believe I have you confused with a pillow,” I said with a small smirk. He too, had his hands wrapped around me when I was sleeping. He quickly let go, his face turning a soft shade of pink. Man he looked cute, when he did that.

Here we were, in a bed, our bodies intertwined from tossing about in our sleep. No one was around it was just me and him. I felt my heart begin to race and tried not to let the moment go to my head. Suddenly I heard a soft knock on the door.

I sat up in the bed. “Come in;” I said.

Seto groaned throwing the covers over him, “This is my room you know,” He grunted as Mocuba, Yugi and the others walked into the room. Taiya was smiling brightly; in her hands there was a breakfast of fruit and waffles.

Roran stood at the edge of the door. Wary to come in; his hood had dropped and I could see his blonde hair and yellow eyes outlined in small shades of brown as he glanced around the room.

Joey and Tristan paused at the edge of the room, looking shock at me and Kaiba hiding under the covers, unwilling to come out, “What are you doing in here!?” Joey asked in surprise.

I blushed immensely, “Uhmm…”

Taiya’s eyes widened, “Are you and Seto dating?”

“Um…. How do I answer that?” I asked, looking at the wad of blankets Seto was seeking shelter under.

“Just leave the food by the door and go,” He said muffled under the blankets, he could probably smell the waffles, some of which I couldn’t wait to dig into.

Tristan and Joey’s jaws had dropped as Yugi rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, “Is this a bad time, Kaiba?”

Since Seto was completely hidden under the covers, they couldn’t even tell if he was wearing clothes or not. My face reddened, which meant there was a possibility they thought Seto was naked, even though I was fully clothed.

“I was sleeping,” Seto pointed out. “I guess there’s no point in even trying to go back to sleep now,” He threw the covers aside, wearing one of his black turtle necks and red boxers, making me blush, and probably the others sighed in relief that he even had clothes on. I was still in my normal clothes from yesterday, dirt and bloodstains included. One of my pantlegs were cut off at the thigh, still wrapped tightly in gauze.

I cleared my throat and slid out of bed, “I think I’m going to go change into some clothes that haven’t been through hell.”

“Okay,” Taiya said pleasantly, “I’ll come with you,” She said, making me wish I hadn’t told her what I was going to do.

As I walked past Roran I gave him a small pat on the shoulder, “You and Seto don’t kill each other while I’m gone, okay?”

He gave a small grunt in return, munching on an apple he had swiped from the breakfast room.

I heard Seto begin to talk, “Yugi, I was able to replace all the components in the duel disk last night, some of the wires needed rerouted—” He went on talking as I continued down the hall.

I liked Taiya and all, but she was just a little too friendly sometimes and I was not usually a morning person, so you can understand why I wasn’t really up for chit chat.

“You know, when I let you guys come in this morning I didn’t realize I was getting welcomed by a parade.” I said walking down the halls. “Maybe just Mocuba, just Yugi, or just Roran. Not everyone.”

Her eyes fell to the floor, “Sorry, we just thought maybe you’d want some breakfast. We tried your room so you weren’t even in there, so we thought you were talking with Kaiba, not sleeping with him.” She blushed when she realized how bad that sounded, “Uh…not that way!”

I smiled, “Seto and I are really good friends, we even like each other but we’ve just met, I’m not going to sleep with him Taiya. Maybe fall asleep in the same bed as him, but not sleep with him yet.” I said and laughed.

“Yet?” Taiya questioned now making my face redden, Taiya smiled as I opened my door, trying to ignore her comment, “You two really did hit it off didn’t you?”

“Well…yeah. I mean he saved my life and I saved his. Plus he’s independent, he’s intelligent, and he care’s a lot about his brother.” I didn’t mention the fact that I loved his dazzling blue eyes, the way he smirked when he said something cocky, or the way he’d be lost in his thoughts whenever I was with him.

“So do you think it’s true love?”

I actually laughed at that, Taiya looked at me offended, “What?” She asked, obviously hurt.

“I’m sorry, Taiya, I really am. I mean, despite of me being a wolf, and there being things like magic and Vicinity Items, I really don’t believe in true love.” I pointed out and I realized how much I hurt her.

“Oh,” She said quietly, looking at the ground.

My eyes softened, “Taiya, I just don’t I don’t feel like there’s one guy in the whole world for every girl. If there is, that would suck because it mean’s your “true love” might be on the other side of the planet, or in my case another reality. I feel like if you care enough about someone, you’ll make it work, no matter what.” I sighed, scratching the back of my head, “Maybe I sound like a jerk when I said that, but I’ve always been a skeptic of ‘true love.’ I guess I’ll only believe it when I see it.” I said with a smile. “Until then forgive my skeptism.”

I picked out a blue blouse and I wiped the blood and dust off my black KC jacket in satisfaction. Then I slid into my dark blue jeans and boots. I went to brush my hair when I finally noticed the bandages on my arm from when I had gotten splinters stuck into my arm. Hm…Mocuba must have wrapped it when I was sleeping. That was really sweet of him.

******************************************************************