Issue #18...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

We went back to the room to be greeted by two more plates of food, courtesy, Mocuba, since Joey scarfed down the plate of fruit.

I sat down next to Seto on the bed, when I was gone he had taken the liberties of changing as well, at least putting on pants.

Taiya was getting annoyed by Joey and Tristan inhaling food right next to her. “Oh knock it off;” She said slapping them, as they stood stunned, rubbing the backs of their heads. “Hope hasn’t eaten for at least two days—so that gives her some slack—you’re not melting away are you?” Joey responded with a nod, which earned him a smack on the shoulder from her.

I took the bowl of strawberries. “Actually,” I countered, “I ate breakfast yesterday.”

“I hardly doubt that,” Seto said. I shook my head in denial.

“No I really did, after I defeated the Shifter I woke up in on a couch the next morning; and to my surprise I saw Joey’s sister. Serenity was babysitting a couple of the kids that had found me. I heard about the tournament and I knew I had to come.”

“You saw Serenity?” Joey claimed surprised as I nodded.

“Yeah, she has your eyes but not your personality.” I concluded thoughtfully. Seto Kaiba smirked as Tristan smiled and replied, “We wouldn’t need another Wheeler like that,”

Joey turned a light shade of red, crossing his arms and looking at me instead, “Yeah—well how did you find out about the tournament?”

“Like everybody else; watching TV. I know you guys are aiming to hunt down Oracalcos, so I figured it would be for the best if they still thought I was dead. Roran found out I was alive when he was tracking me against Oracalcos orders.”

Everyone in the room looked at Roran, I had told them last night about them holding his sister for ransom, but they were still weary of him, which I didn’t blame them for that. “They thought I was dead since they saw the alley with so much blood—they had sent regular people to look for my body, they don’t know I was rescued by Serenity.” I explained.

“Well, if you know what we’re doing to Oracalcos then you have to know you’re not part of the plan.” Seto said forcefully.

“You don’t understand, Seto;” I said softly. “I have to be part of the plan because I’m the only one that can stop it.” I stood up. Suddenly an anguish of pain filled my body.

I gasped holding my wrist it was burning hot with my bracelet pulsing a magnificent gold; a painful gold, a burning gold. It seared my wrist and then it began to form around my entire body in blinding light. Roran stepped forward.

“What’s wrong!?” Yugi shouted, reaching out to me to grab me, pulling away in pain as the glowing began to overlap my body and it seared his hand.

“I—don’t know;” I said in between gasps. Roran’s eyes flicked to Seto. I wasn’t built for this. I collapsed unto the ground and held my sides tightly. I began begging and hoping I would lose consciousness, just so I wouldn’t have to feel this pain anymore.

Roran began to speak. “She’s been around the Blue Eyes White Dragons too long without being a part of it. You want to help her fine. She can’t do this on her own; only you can help her. She needs the Blue Eyes White Dragon cards.”

*******************************************************************

“What do you mean?” Mocuba asked, leaning over Hope’s trembling form. Roran looked at her body for a moment; knowing that his sister’s vengeance relied on Hope’s life.

“Hope has part of the Blue Eyes White Dragon inside of her, that’s what’s making her lose it right now. She can’t be around him without becoming it.” His yellow eyes flicked to Kaiba before he continued explaining. “She has to be connected with them so the pain will be gone. You need to attack her for her to be safe.” Hope’s eyes flashed open in pain; and she shuddered underneath the golden orb that was forming around her.