Issue #28...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Sorry for the long wait! x__x I know its been awhile but you know, duties call, college and stuff first. Anyways here's issue #28 (Normally I'd have a recap but so much happened last chapter! Over half the group was separated, Mocuba was snatched, and Seto was bitten by one of those Shadow Creatures...and that's just a rough summary of it all!)

Enjoy! :D

*****************************************************************

                “We have to find them.” I decided rising to my feet. “All of them.”       

                Yugi nodded in agreement. “It won’t be easy either. I seen Seto jump into that light before I could stop him, that girl had Mocuba. She wasn’t holding Taiya, Tristan or Joey when she turned to leave—”

                “So that means we can still find them and Seto—good. Let’s just hope that we get to Seto before he does anything stupid.” Roran said and I growled darkly.

                “Watch it, fox. He only does what he’s doing because of his brother—you’d feel just the same if it was your Amy.” I snapped.

                “Well she’s not here—is she?” he shot back and waved his left hand and pointed to the woods surrounding us except it was more like an ancient forest. Some of the trees were wider than a house and they were extremely tall and spaced out enough to show the daylight seeping through the trees. Breanna stared at both of us as we stared each other down…either of us just willing to jump at the other and tackle them to the ground.

                “So you two don’t get along very well, do you?” She commented about Roran and my relationship.

                “Nope,” I said stiffly.

                “We have a moderate understanding between us. She doesn’t argue too much with me because she knows that she’d be dead without me—” he stopped as soon as I started to snarl deeply; an amused crooked smile towards me, just knowing that he was getting more on my nerves than he had ever before.

                “Both of you knock it off!” Yugi shouted, “Fighting is not going to bring our friends back…we have to work together!”  I stared at Yugi for a moment and realized he did have a point. Right now it was just the four of us left. Roran wasn’t the best guy on the world…but I could tolerate him if it meant I could see any of our friends again.

                “Fine. Roran—got any idea of how we can pick up a scent on them?”  I asked and he shook his head.

                “What you’re going to smell them down?” Breanna said with a small laugh.

                Roran ignored her, “No, they could be anywhere. Our best solution is to head west—seeing as how they were all that direction from us when we left your place.” He stood up and unfurled his wings farther. Breanna stared at them in pure admiration as his black raven feathers were tinted purple from the sunlight. By watching this I thought I might hurl in disgust.

                “I’ll get a high point of view, that way we can get an idea of where here is—maybe if we’re lucky I’ll spot some of the others.”

                “Try not to get spotted;” Yugi said, “we don’t want any unexpected visitors.” Roran nodded in response and snapped his wings wide open as he began to flap them to take off towards the sky. Suddenly he gasped in pain and fell to the ground. His shoulder slammed onto the ground as he fell onto his side gritting his teeth in pain. His wings were still unfurled and he was laying on his right wing.