Issue #11...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

My mind drifted with the parts of the past and present. Rain pounding against my skin...wolves howling inside my thoughts....Gunshots.....My discussion with Gramps about my bracelet.

I looked at the golden eye gleaming at me from the bracelet. "What if someone else was wearing the bracelet before me?"

If someone before you had worn that bracelet; they have no hope of returning to a normal life. A piece of that wolf spirit will become angry; even evil. That piece of darkness will attach to that person forever and then the wolf will instantly go find their true person. In their own way it's a defense mechanism; they are helpless if no one is wearing them. Is that how you became one with the wolf? It's a she-wolf right—that's how it usually goes?"

"Yes; it's what started everything. My new world because she found me; my old world basically ditched...so yeah, basically everything. So whether or not I like this I'm in this till the end." I stated irritated. His looked at me with some remorse; and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"It will be hard and you will have moments when you feel like the world does not want you to succeed; but you are our only one to do this. Not me, not even my son will be able to face what's ahead alone; Hope Young. Remember...you as a person cannot accomplish this feat alone; but as a wolf it can be done...

I woke heavily in the night, my hair fallen over my face. Where was I? I gasped as I raised my head too fast. I wasn't dead...but how? I was bleeding in the alleyway and everything....

A soft purr made my eyes flick to a soft pair of amber eyes locked on me. I was on something soft and comfortable. I gently raised my head from a pillow. I let my hands feel gently around for a light. I gripped the handle of a lamp as I flipped it on.

I was on a soft couch with a small kitten lying in my lap. My god...was I going freakin' insane, how did I end up from there to here? All my wounds were healed; the effect of dueling must have worn off. I sat the black kitten gently on the table next to the lamp as I stood up.

My body wavered immediately as my legs shuddered with effort and I ended up sitting back down as I felt the blood rush out of my head. I fell back onto the couch in exhaustion. That was too painful to have been a hallucination. I had been unconscious all day then? I wondered, asking the wolf spirit in my mind but was rewarded no answer.

I guess it didn't matter how long I had been out, at least I had survived...

I had greater desire except to figure out where I was, but it was the middle of the night, there was a good chance whoever found me was sleeping. I was in a living room with a small TV in front of me so in curiosity I flipped it on after searching everywhere on the couch for the remote. The kitten hopped on my lap once more as I watched the TV leaned forward intently to listen—I was too exhausted to go using my powers.

"In latest news Seto Kaiba and Yugi Moto were seen declaring a new tournament for any duelist tomorrow morning. Apparently they've been spreading this news about all day since about afternoon." The television screen showed Seto glaring into camera with Yugi standing next to him with his arms crossed and looking away from the camera...lost in thought.

"Our tournament is not for the faint of heart. We are finding the fiercest duelists to take them on!"

The reporter asked a light question, "Any particular duelist you're looking for Seto Kaiba—how about you Yugi Moto—King of Games?"

Yugi turned away; he wasn't much for cameras. Seto stared back into the camera. "They know who they are—and we will find them!"

The TV flipped to commercials—leaving me lost in my own thought. They assumed I was dead...the tournament was for the Oracalcos—Yugi and Seto were going to face them head on. They knew it was the only way they could take on the one who had started all of this—the one who had a piece of darkness attached to them from Entrez. I've seen Entrez's dark side,...I'd hate to see how evil they were.