Chapter 15

Eric's POV -

I look back at the large writing before turning away. I glance around the room, searching for Violet who is slumped in her chair, looking at her hands. I give Kiara an apologetic look before scurrying off to Violet.

I bend down and pull Violet into a hug. She stays still for a moment, before hugging me back and I hear small sobs coming from her throat. I can tell that she's trying to stop them because they are short and raspy. I pull her up so that we're both standing and pull her tighter to my body.

Our chests are pressed together and I take in her sweet smell. "Babe, it's okay. I'm here. Don't be scared" I whisper reassuringly in her ear. She continues to cry for a while until Theo shuffles up to us. "Violet" he begins soothingly. Violet is in too much pain for me to try and make Theo jealous, so I stand there, holding V protectively, waiting for Theo to continue.

Violet sniffles and pulls away from me, making me feel somewhat cold. She smiles sadly at me and turns to Theo, with tear marks staining her face.

I wait for Theo to speak for a little longer until suddenly, Theo grabs Violet and hugs her tightly. I feel my heartbeat quicken and I clench my jaw. He can't have her. Violet hugs back for a few seconds before stepping back and taking my hand.

"Don't worry, we just have to be clever. No stupid moves. We're a team." Theo says looking at me, but obviously speaking to Violet. Violet nods and I squeeze her hand slightly. She looks up at me and leans in. I lower my head slightly to reach her, and kiss her softly on the lips before pulling away breathless.

Just then, Jessie strides over to Theo and crosses her arms in front of her. "Theo, we have a plan, but it's not going to be easy." She says weakly, with fear in her eyes. "What?" Theo asks, still focusing on Violet.

"We've found some documents on David Fillingham. He's been in a gang for a long time, but somehow we've never seen them. Anyway, if we find and capture least one of the members, that should draw David right to us. If not, we visit Summerset Mansion and take a look." Jessie says sternly, speaking every word with precision.

Theo nods and finally turns to Jessie. "Get 7 people ready to go. Everyone else stays here to guard. I want good fighters out." Theo says, looking at the floor and gliding a hand through his hair. Jessie nods quickly and strides off.

A few seconds later, a voice is heard through the microphone. "Eric, Laura, Violet, Theo, Chloe, Thomas and Peter, report to the weapons room" Jessie says briskly. We all march through the hall, turning left and reaching the weapons room. Theo types in a long, complicated code and we step in, taking in the surroundings. The room is totally black, not a light in sight. I fumble for Violet's hand and squeeze it slowly.

I hear someone slowly walk to the other side of the room, dragging their hand along the wall for guidance. Suddenly, a light appears on one wall, and we all walk over to it. Theo types in yet another code and the wall begins to turn, revealing a secret wall of shelves. In each shelf is a weapon, some knives, some guns, but all different shapes and sizes.

"Pick one knife and one gun. No shooting indoors. Then we'll go get our gear on" Theo instructs, as we all step towards the weapons.

I feel Violet lean closer to me and my heart skips a beat. "Eric, I don't know how to shoot" she whispers in my ear blushing slightly. "Don't worry, it's simple. Just aim and shoot. I'll show you soon enough" I whisper back. She nods slightly before eyeing the weapons in front of us.

I reach out for a knife and hold the handle tightly in my hand, with the blade facing the ground. Then I take a medium sized gun, and pull the strap over my head.

I step back as the last few people make their choice. Violet takes a large knife and a small hand held gun, which she places in her pocket.

Once we're all done at the weapons room, we walk to the room next door - "gearing up" as Theo likes to call it.

We walk in, this time, no code is needed, and look at the bullet proof vests and gun belts in front of us.

We all select our size. I pull the vest over my head and slip my gun back across my body. Then I place my knife in the loop of the belt.

I look around and find everyone's ready. I take Violet's hand, squeeze it, and lean down for a final kiss before we set off. The kiss is slow and soft. I let her wrap her arms around my neck and breath in her sent. When I feel my breath shorten, I pull away gasping. I turn to see everyone grinning, whispering. "That's so sweet" I hear Chloe whisper to Theo. Theo grunts and we all start towards the door. We exit, and then make our way to the outside. I pull open the door, letting Violet step out and follow after her. "Bye" I whisper, and pull her into a hug. "Get into pairs" I hear Theo mutter. I walk away from Violet to Kiara. If anything happens between Theo and Violet I swear to god I'll kill him.

I sigh, and eventually find my way to Kiara, who's looking at me intently. She has a serious crush on me, and doesn't bother to hide it. She grabs my hand. "Kiara! I'm with Violet, okay? Get that into your head!" I shout, making her flinch. I honestly couldn't care less. I stand still, waiting for further instructions.

Sorry for not updating!

Gracias x