Chapter 18

Theo's POV -

After almost an hour of continuous coughing and many glasses of water, I finally feel ready to go. I stand up slowly, fight the dizziness and walk to my car. I slowly get in the drivers seat, and settle my sweaty palms on the wheel. I watch through the side mirror as Violet approaches the car and walks over to my side.

"You can't drive" she states simply, crossing her arms. "I can" I tell her confidently, although there's a little voice in my mind telling me to give in. "You can't. Get out. Please?" She tells me. I nod slowly, unbuckle my seat belt and let Violet into the car.

She hops in and the engine roars.

Violet's POV -

We're off. I follow the SAT NAV's directions to the location. It's a three hour drive, so we'll be stopping half way. It's extremely awkward between me and Theo at the moment, and I decide to clear the air, and ask him about his confession.

"Theo, when did you just decide that you love me?" I ask. "Well," he begins, taking in a large breath. "When I first saw you, I was only thinking about your fighting skills, since that's what my job's about. But when I met you, I realised that you were brave and different. You weren't like all the other, soft girls I know. I knew I liked you, but after you became Eric's girlfriend, I realised it was something more" he explains.

I nod, and a silent moment passes. "Theo, I want you to know that I'm flattered, but I love Eric. I can't just move onto you, because you've confessed your love." I explain with a sad smile on my face. "Yeah, I know. Just, please remember what I said, okay?" He says quietly.

"Okay." I reply. The rest of the journey is full of small talk and we laugh and joke. I suppose Theo and I are on good terms now, even though we can't be together. I know he's upset, but he just has to face the facts. I love Eric.

Theo's POV -

We stop after an hour and a half to stretch our legs a little. I watch as the crew behind us exit their vehicles and eventually, I find the will power to pull my legs out of the car. "I'll be back in a second" Violet says, patting my back.

I nod in silence. Violet strolls to the car, two places behind us, and I watch as Eric pulls her into a hug. He then places a passionate kiss on her lips and I can't help but feel jealous.

Shut up Theo, stop thinking like that! She's with someone!

Welcome back mon ami.

Don't you dare go French on me!

Wow, my brain's messed up. I really like Violet, and she seems so intent on staying with Eric. I have to convince her that he's a bad guy.

Trying to break up a relationship are we Theo? That's low, even for you.

I'm not breaking them apart myself. I'm just waiting for something to come along, and take it to my advantage. No biggie.

Hey, if you help break the girl's heart, don't expect her to come running to you.

Yeah, I get it!

Ugh, stupid brain conversations. Sometimes I think I should see a doctor.

As I come back to reality, I realise that Eric and Violet are walking in my direction. My fingers curl into fists and I clench my jaw tightly. As they approach me, I notice the two of them are holding hands. This only makes me angrier. I give Eric a death glare once he's in front of me. "Look... Um, mate." He starts, scratching the back of his neck. "I-I'm sorry for beating you up, I got out of control and I just didn't want to hear what you said. So, yeah. Sorry." He says awkwardly. I don't change position. He thinks he can just waltz in, and everything will be sunshine and rainbows? He thought wrong.

I don't give a shit if he's 'sorry'. He's a bad guy, and it looks like I'm the only one who wants to actually protect Violet. Yes, Eric seems like a nice guy, but I just have that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, that it's just a facade.

Violet clears her throat, gives Eric one last kiss and sends him away, thankfully. "Theo. I know you're angry, but sometimes forgiving is the only way to get along. He was only trying to clear things up between you too." Violet explains, getting just a little closer to me. I fight the urge to wrap my arms around her waist and crash my lips onto hers.

"Yeah." I mutter, not really wanting to talk about it. "Okay, well we have 10 minutes before we hit the road again, so go get some food from that corner shop over there." She says, pointing to a small shop a few metres away. I nod, and begin my way towards the store.

Damn you Eric, why did you have to get what you wanted?

Hey! Hope you liked the chapter. Not much happened, but still, I updated!

Remember to vote and comment (as always)

Veo or Veric?

Gracias xx